1. I write with utmost respect to Senior Pastors, Bishops and Overseers, Grace and Peace in Jesus name, amen. Whereas your duties and responsibilities are well known, “… I will not be negligent to put you always in REMEMBRANCE OF THESE THINGS, though ye know them, and be established IN THE PRESENT TRUTH” [2 Peter 1:12] I call you to REMEMBER how you were once a sinner, received Jesus Christ and was initiated into PRESENT TRUTH by the Holy Ghost. Many years have passed, yet the SELF-REVEALING WORD remains TRUE and PRESENT in you, if you are in Him, working “… in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure” [Philippians 2:13] The ONE who chose to make you a shepherd over His flock also instructed me to remind you, saying “But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto WHOMSOEVER MUCH IS GIVEN, OF HIM SHALL BE MUCH REQUIRED… ” [Luke 12: 48] God has given you so much and expects more from you and I. He will give us more if need be, but that servant “… which knew his lord’s will, and PREPARED NOT HIMSELF, neither did according to his will, SHALL BE BEATEN WITH MANY STRIPES” [Luke 12: 47]
2. Whatever your ecclesiastical title, you are primarily a minister of Jesus Christ, who chose you to be His shepherd and not the Elders or parochial council. I charge you, therefore, not to be unduly distracted by Church politics and administration, as to “… leave the word of God, and serve tables” [Acts 6:2] Take a cue from the Apostles and give yourself “… continually to PRAYER, and to the MINISTRY OF THE WORD” [Acts 6:4] Reduce time spent in meetings and delegate tasks to faithful hands to create more space to ABIDE in God’s presence. Thus, says the Lord: “Abide in me, and I in you. As the BRANCH CANNOT BEAR FRUIT OF ITSELF, EXCEPT IT ABIDE IN THE VINE; no more can ye, except ye abide in me” [John 15:4] Who you are and what you will be shall be determined in Christ’s presence, not by parish records. Therefore, be not deceived by the praises of me, “… for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God” [Luke 16:15] Subject your companions to the test of the wisdom of God, knowing fully well, “… companion of fools shall be destroyed” [Proverbs 13:20] Pray over every invitation to preach or join a religious association. As a general in God’s army, you cannot be a social or political activist in the “AFFAIRS OF THIS LIFE”, as the Bible says: “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier” [2 Timothy 2:4]
3. I must not forget to remind you to take good care of the household of God. At all times, remember, you are a man of God, not God over men and we are all BRETHREN, as it is written: “But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and ALL YE ARE BRETHREN” [Matthew 23:8] The ministers in your fold are BRETHREN, not slaves or adversaries to be treated shabbily. Feed them, clothe them and pay them decent wages as fellow servants in the Lord, not as hirelings. Do not hold back from pouring all God has given you, materially and spiritually, in them to raise BELOVED BROTHERS and FAITHFUL MINISTERS. You and I know how God highly exalted and blessed Paul, and he held nothing back from Tychicus as it is written: “All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a BELOVED BROTHER, and a FAITHFUL MINISTER and FELLOWSERVANT in the Lord” [Colossians 4:7] Paul poured himself into Tychicus and gained a BELOVED BROTHER and helper. You cannot do it alone, you need TYCHICUS in your ministry and your Tychicus will not fall down from heaven. I assure you, there are no seminaries on earth, where men like Tychicus are trained. Men like Tychicus are not born and cannot be bought, they are raised in love and sincerity. Do not ask to get FAITHFUL MINISTERS; the pastors under you are waiting to be raised and surnamed TYCHICUS.
4. Take heed to the care of Christ’s flock over “…which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to FEED THE CHURCH OF GOD, which he hath purchased with his own blood” [Acts 20:28] The flocks are by no means yours, you are an OVERSEER. The RIGHTFUL OWNER is Jesus Christ, who bought us with His blood and He, lone, will assess HOW and WHAT you FEED His sheep. Three times, Jesus Christ told Peter to FEED His flock, saying: “… unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, LOVEST THOU ME? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, FEED MY SHEEP” [John 21:17] The test of HOW you FEED the flocks is LOVE. Do you FEED His sheep in LOVE or with an eye to material gain? Those who FEED the flock with “STEROID” gospel to FEAST on Christ’s sheep are HIRELINGS and will run at sight of affliction, “… because HE IS AN HIRELING, and careth not for the sheep” [John 10:13] If truly you LOVE the Lord and His sheep, you will FEED them on FRESH BREAD of green pastures and not on STALE BREAD of denominational creed. Good shepherds tarry in God’s presence to receive revelations of the WORD OF TRUTH to FEED the flocks with FRESH BREAD. If you drive the weak too hard or allow the strong to lag behind you will scatter the fold, and “Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD” [Jeremiah 23:1]
5. Finally, it is your duty to warn the flocks and PREPARE yourself for the coming of the Lord. The Senior Pastor, “… which knew his lord’s will, and PREPARED NOT HIMSELF, neither did according to his will, SHALL BE BEATEN WITH MANY STRIPES” [Luke 12: 47] He that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the Church, amen