1. THE DAY OF THE LORD was set aside at CREATION, when “… God ended HIS WORK which he had made; and HE RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, and SANCTIFIED IT … “[Genesis 2:2-3] It is evident God requires no REST’ but set the SEVENTH DAY aside for the HARVEST of the earth, when “WHEAT” shall be gathered into God’s REST and “CHAFF” bundled to be BURNT in “… EVERLASTING FIRE prepared for the devil and his angels” [Matthew 25:41] The SIX prophetic DAYS of CREATION represent the TIME allotted for the earth to bring forth, and “… ONE DAY IS WITH THE LORD AS A THOUSAND YEARS, and a thousand years as one day” [2 Peter 3:8] The “SIX DAYS” are almost done and the HARVEST is fast approaching, when the living and dead, rich and poor shall be weighed in the balance before the “… Lord Jesus Christ, who shall JUDGE the quick and the dead AT HIS APPEARING and his kingdom” [2 Timothy 4:1] The JUDGE is the same who sowed the SEED for the HARVEST, when He offered Himself as LAMB of God, “…SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD” to bring forth a bountiful HARVEST of souls in the image and likeness of God [Revelation 13:8]
2. THE DAY OF THE LORD was mentioned twenty-four times in the Old Testament, as a SHADOW of things to come, as it is written:: ”For this is the DAY OF THE LORD GOD of hosts, a DAY OF VENGEANCE, that he may avenge him of his adversaries:…“ [Jeremiah 46:10] The New Testament referred to the DAY OF THE LORD, five times, as the SEASON of RETRIBUTION and RESTORATION. There were fake prophets in the Old Testament who deceived the people, as false teachers now do for gain, with sham prophecies pertaining to TIME and AGENDA of the DAY OF THE LORD. Repeated claims of Christ’s coming and dashed hopes encouraged a general climate of unbelief and an army of scoffers, saying: “… WHERE IS THE PROMISE OF HIS COMING? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the be’… ginning of the creation” [2 Peter 3:4] Beloved, this is not the time to lose hope or be shaken in FAITH, for “… the DAY OF THE LORD SO COMETH AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT” [1 Thessalonians 5:2] As the DAY OF THE LORD creeps on this generation, I warn you to beware of fake prophets and false teachers, “… for THAT DAY SHALL NOT COME, EXCEPT there come A FALLING AWAY first, and that MAN OF SIN BE REVEALED, the son of perdition …” [2 Thessalonians 2:3]
3. The DAY OF THE LORD is not a 24-hour day, but a PROPHETIC TIMELINE preceded by “A FALLING AWAY” from FAITH, as it is written: “Now the SPIRIT SPEAKETH EXPRESSLY, that IN THE LATTER TIMES SOME SHALL DEPART FROM THE FAITH, giving heed to SEDUCING SPIRITS, and doctrines of devils” [1 Timothy 4:1] Look around, a size-able portion of Christendom is “FALLING AWAY” from the template of Jesus Christ and His Apostles. Brethren, the popular brand of mercantile Christianity is the work of SEDUCING SPIRITS, enticing men away from pristine FAITH with DOCTRINES OF DEVILS. Listen closely, how come Jesus Christ and His Apostles did not leverage Holy Ghost POWER for material prosperity? The “FALLING AWAY” will go on until the Church is purged of carpetbaggers to reveal the “LITTLE FLOCK”, of which the Lord said: “FEAR NOT, LITTLE FLOCK; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” [Luke 12:32] When the “FALLING AWAY” is done, the MAN OF SIN shall be revealed, “… WHOSE COMING IS AFTER THE WORKING OF SATAN with all power and signs and LYING WONDERS” [2 Thessalonians 2:9] This is the season of LYING WONDERS; I charge you to examine your FAITH on daily basis and stand fast in the love of TRUTH.
4. The DAY OF THE LORD shall break when the “… SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS ARISE with healing in his wings … ” [Malachi 4:2] The SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS is Jesus Christ who shall APPEAR suddenly, “… and the DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST: Then WE WHICH ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN SHALL BE CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord” [1 Thessalonians 4:16-17] With SAINTS gathered out of the way, the Lord shall pour His wrath on the earth [Revelation 8 & 9] There shall be unprecedented TRIBULATION as the Lord JUDGES the earth, and that goes on till ARMAGEDDON, when He shall lay “… HOLD ON THE DRAGON, that old serpent, which is the DEVIL, and SATAN, and BOUND HIM A THOUSAND YEARS” [Revelation 20:2] The DAY OF THE LORD is the THOUSAND YEARS of Satan’s incarceration, when the Lord Jesus Christ shall reign in PEACE over the earth. Those who came out of the TRIBULATION without taking the MARK, and “were BEHEADED FOR THE WITNESS OF JESUS CHRIST” shall have their REST in the DAY OF THE LORD [Revelation 20:4] The SAINTS that were “CAUGHT UP” shall return with the Lord, as “… priests of God and of Christ, and SHALL REIGN WITH HIM A THOUSAND YEARS” [Revelation 20:6]
5. THE DAY OF THE LORD is a THOUSAND YEARS of PEACE, RESTORATION and REST prepared for you and I from the foundation of the earth. The Lord Jesus Christ brought your invitation from heaven, saying: “COME UNTO ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I WILL GIVE YOU REST” [Matthew 11:28] Accept Jesus Christ today, as your Lord and Saviour and book your place in His REST, amen