PATIENCE NEVER FAILS
1. PATIENCE is the proverbial KEY of David which opens the vaults of God’s goodness. The Bible says: “For YE HAVE NEED OF PATIENCE, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might RECEIVE THE PROMISE” [Hebrews 10:36] PATIENCE is an active VERB, in spiritual terms, opposed to complacency or slothfulness. It is steady FAITH and labour in spiritual exercises to SEEK FIRST the Kingdom of God and receive the PROMISE, as it is written “SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD, and his righteousness; and ALL THESE THINGS shall be added…” [Matthew 6:33] The “KINGDOM” and “ALL THESE THINGS” are poles apart and you cannot devolve equal priority on both. Choosing the KINGDOM FIRST is the WISDOM of God, contrary to the wisdom of this world. If you choose the KINGDOM FIRST, be prepared to be called names. Giving to “ALL THESE THINGS” agrees with the wisdom of this world, but is outright FOOLISHNESS, as the Bible says: “… WISDOM OF THIS WORLD IS FOOLISHNESS with God …” [1 Corinthians 3:19]
2. PATIENCE is the engine, FAITH is the car and without PATIENCE to drive the car, FAITH is inept. If you truly BELIEVE God, you will PRIORITIZE His WORD, fully persuaded He is able to “… DO EXCEEDINGLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK, according to the power that worketh in us” [Ephesians 3:20] You see, “GOD IS HIS WORD” [John 1:1] When you have prayed and fasted, add PATIENCE to your FAITH, “… Behold, the HUSBANDMAN WAITETH for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath LONG PATIENCE for it, until he receive the early and latter rain” [James 5;7] You are the HUSBANDMAN and your spiritual exercises are the seed sown. Some seeds, like corn, mature for harvest in three months and that is it. Cocoa takes 2 to 3 years and brings forth annually for close to 50 years. Having put your seed in the ground, do not compare yourself with others or waver in FAITH and inadvertently uproot your seed before maturity. Retain your confidence in God at all times, “… For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For LET NOT THAT MAN THINK THAT HE SHALL RECEIVE ANYTHING OF THE LORD” [James 1:6-7]
3. PATIENCE overrides TIME and redeems the YEARS. Abraham was 75 years old when God called Him. He had Isaac at 100 years and lived another 75 years, to die at 175 years [Genesis 25:7] David was a youngster when Samuel anointed him King over Israel, and WAITED PATIENTLY another 13 -15 years to receive the crown. David testified, “I WAITED PATIENTLY for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and HEARD MY CRY. He BROUGHT ME UP ALSO OUT OF AN HORRIBLE PIT, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings” [Psalm 40:1-2] When opportunity arose to kill Saul and help himself to the crown, David chose to WAIT PATIENTLY on the Lord, saying: “… and SOME BADE ME KILL THEE: but mine eye spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my lord; for he is the LORD’S anointed” [1 Samuel 24:10] Though we live in a push button world accustomed to instant gratification, you must not succumb to charlatans who have turned the gospel into an ATM machine for instant gratification. I exhort you to learn to PATIENTLY SEEK the KINGDOM FIRST and “ALL THESE THINGS” shall be added. God is faithful, He will surely lift you out of that horrible pit and establish you.
4. PATIENCE NEVER FAILS and will not fail as we navigate the last days of this dying world. Presently, everywhere you turn, there is distress and men’s hearts “… FAILING THEM FOR FEAR, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth…” [Luke 21:26] This is not the time to panic or run for help where there is none. As things go from bad to worse across the globe, I charge you to WAIT PATIENTLY on the Lord to RENEW YOUR STRENGTH, for “… THEY THAT WAIT UPON THE LORD SHALL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” [Isaiah 40:31]
5. Finally, if you are not born again, you have no STRENGTH to RENEW. I charge you, therefore, to receive Jesus Christ today as your Lord and SAVIOUR and and hold on tight to the end, amen