1. It is wonderful to know God wants ALL THINGS to WORK WELL for your GOOD, irrespective of your past and present circumstances, “And we know that ALL THINGS WORK WELL FOR GOOD to them that LOVE GOD, to them who are the CALLED according to his PURPOSE” [Romans 8:28] God laid the FOUNDATION for your GOOD, when He made man in His own IMAGE, “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our LIKENESS … So GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGE, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them” [Genesis 1:26-27] God created you and I in His OWN IMAGE, that we might by choice be CONFORMED to His LIKENESS. The ALMIGHTY knew all along, the agenda of Satan to frustrate His PURPOSE for you and commanded ALL THINGS, including the harsh realities of living in this dying world to “WORK WELL” for your GOOD, with the proviso that you LOVE Him and stand in His CALLING.
2. The reason there is so much suffering and pain in the world is SIN, which in reality is Satan working in itus, “… the prince of the power of the air, the SPIRIT that now WORKETH IN THE CHILDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE” [Ephesians 2:2] SIN was the reason man was dislocated from the tranquility of Eden, and by the same disabled from attaining the GOOD God prepared for us. To accomplish His GOOD PURPOSE in us, God took the form of man, “… HE ALSO HIMSELF TOOK PART OF THE SAME; that THROUGH DEATH HE MIGHT DESTROY HIM that had the POWER OF DEATH, that is, the DEVIL; And DELIVER them who through FEAR OF DEATH were all their lifetime SUBJECT TO BONDAGE” [Hebrews 2:14] God became like us in Jesus Christ, who by His DEATH and RESURRECTION broke the yoke of DEATH and passed to us the LIFE of God, “For God so LOVED the world, that HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE” [John 3:16] We who were once in slavery to SIN were CALLED to LIBERTY by the preaching of the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ. We now LOVE God, not for selfish gain, but because He gave His LIFE for us and CALLED us out the world to be CONFORMED to His SON, “For whom he did FOREKNOW, he also did PREDESTINATE to be CONFORMED to the IMAGE OF HIS SON, that he might be the FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BRETHREN” [Romans 8:29]
3. The FOREKNOWLEDGE of God is not partiality or injustice, but knew before we were born those who would LOVE Him and made a WAY for us to attain His PURPOSE, “… God is FAITHFUL, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will WITH THE TEMPTATION MAKE A WAY TO ESCAPE, that ye may be ABLE TO BEAR IT” [1 Corinthians 10:13] Listen carefully, our SALVATION does not exclude TRIALS and severe TEMPTATIONS, as is common to all men but we have in us an infallible WAY OF ESCAPE, which is God in us, “For it is GOD WHICH WORKETH IN YOU both to WILL and to DO of HIS GOOD PLEASURE” [Philippians 2:13] When you are in pains and grieved to the marrow, remember Joseph whose brethren sold into slavery and was sore TEMPTED to SIN, but retained His LOVE of God, saying “… HOW THEN CAN I DO THIS GREAT WICKEDNESS, and SIN AGAINST GOD?” [Genesis 39:9] Joseph cemented his CALLING with INTEGRITY and all the evil His brothers did against him became stepping stones to his greatness, as it is written: “But as for you, YE THOUGHT EVIL AGAINST ME; but GOD MEANT IT UNTO GOOD, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive” [Genesis 50:20] Beloved, though it seems the whole world is crashing on your head; I assure you, the Lord is the HELPER of those whose hearts are in right-standing with Him, “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, TO SHEW HIMSELF STRONG IN THE BEHALF OF THEM WHOSE HEART IS PERFECT toward him….” [2 Chronicles 16:9]
4. As the world slides into shadows of confusion, there is palpable fear of what lies ahead. We are increasingly pressed on every side by social and economic pressures accentuated by massive wave of demonic disinformation, but God has it all worked out, “And WHEN THESE THINGS BEGIN TO COME TO PASS, then LOOK UP, and lift up your heads; for YOUR REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH” [Luke 32:28] Our REDEMPTION from this wicked world is the GOOD God is WORKING OUT for those who LOVE Him and are CALLED according to His PURPOSE. Brethren, the present instability in all nations will not abate as the days go by; what we require at times like this is Godly PATIENCE, “For YE HAVE NEED OF PATIENCE, that, AFTER YE HAVE DONE THE WILL OF GOD, ye might REDEIVE THE PROMISE” [Hebrews 10:36] Godly PATIENCE is not complacency or fatal resignation to fate, but a readiness to stand in steadfast FAITH in the finished work of Christ om the Cross. When we add FAITH to PATIENCE, we give God room to WORK present TRIALS and AFFLICTIONS to our GOOD, “But LET PATIENCE HAVE HER PERFECT WORK, that YE MAY BE PERFECT and entire, wanting nothing” [James 1:4] I plead with you to HOLD ON till the appearance pf the Lord and though “…. it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM; for we shall see him as he is” [1John 3:2] Encourage yourself with these words.
5. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, amen