1. Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary and Thesaurus defines REWARD as “something that is given in return for good or evil”. This definition outlines the simple relationship between the REWARDER and the RECEIVER. In this context, God is the “… REWARDER OF THEM THAT DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM” [Hebrews 11:6] THE REWARD is for those who DILIGENTLY SEEK God and is not anything presently seen, known or within the imagination of any man, as the Bible says: “… Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” [1 Corinthians 2:9] THE REWARD is not synonymous with any benefit that may be conferred by governments, kings, religious rulers or angels. It is not anything that may be received or gathered in any form in this world. Thus, said the Lord and REWARDER: “And, behold, I come quickly; and MY REWARD IS WITH ME, to give every man according AS HIS WORK SHALL BE” [Revelation 22:12] These clarifications are necessary to settle the nature and timeline of THE REWARD. Whatever any man receives or gathers in this world is not and can by no means be THE REWARD, but a tool to DILIGENTLY SEEK God. THE REWARD is with the REWARDER and He shall give “every man according AS HIS WORK SHALL BE” when He returns [Revelation 22:12] The REWARDER is coming and quickly too, are you ready to meet the Lord?
2. THE REWARD is a legally binding PROMISE to make us “… heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; …” [Romans 8:17] [Catch up on THE PROMISE @ www.voiceoflasttrumpets.com] The Lord Jesus Christ explained how we came to be RECEIVERS in a parable, saying: “For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard” [Matthew 20:1-2] God is the “HOUSEHOLDER” that went out “early”, that is, at the foundation of the world to hire men, with THE PROMISE of THE REWARD. He hired labourers in five seasons; first, third, sixth, ninth and eleventh hours [Matthew 20: 2-6] The first four seasons represented the 4,000 years from Adam to Jesus Christ. The fifth season was the “ELEVENTH HOUR” when THE PROMISE was preached to GENTILES and we became eligible RECEIVERS of THE REWARD through Jesus Christ, as it is written: “… Why stand ye here all the day idle? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive” [Matthew 20:6-7] The ELEVENTH HOUR kicked off some 2,000 years ago and the TWELFTH HOUR is here, when the HOUSEHOLDER shall return “to give every man according AS HIS WORK SHALL BE” [Revelation 22:12]
3. THE REWARD is far from being THE BLESSING, as the SEED is not the HARVEST. THE BLESSING is God transferring SEED to man and “the HARVEST is the end of the world” when every man shall receive THE REWARD, good or evil [Matthew 13:39] [Catch up on THE BLESSING @ www.voiceoflasttrumpets.com] Those who equate THE BLESSING with THE REWARD cite examples of Abraham, David, Solomon among others. Be not deceived, whatever those men received or gathered on earth were “WORKING TOOLS” to fulfil divine purpose and not by any means THE REWARD for services rendered to God. God said that much to Abraham, saying: … Fear not, Abram: I AM THY SHIELD, AND THY EXCEEDING GREAT REWARD” [Genesis 15:1] In the same way, God has equipped New Testament Saints with “… all SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS in heavenly places in Christ” to accomplish His purpose [Ephesians 1:3] Listen carefully, the WORD of God is the SEED sown on earth and SPIRITUAL GIFTS are the TOOLS to cultivate His VINEYARD and “… when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because THE HARVEST IS COME” [Mark 4:29] I must add, no man, including those who have slept in the Lord has received THE REWARD, but now, the HARVEST is ready, “And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away” [1 Peter 5:4]
4. THE REWARD is the heritage of SONS OF GOD, who were chosen “… in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself… ” [Ephesians 1:4-5] Beloved, we were in Him when the foundation of the earth was laid and “… morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?” [Job 38:4-7] We “shouted for joy” to hear God pronounce THE REWARD awaiting us who sojourn on earth and return to Him in the “… measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ” [Ephesians 4:13] We have the “earnest of our inheritance, a deposit of THE REWARD in this body, which is the Holy Spirit [Ephesians 1:13-14] When the Lord shall appear we shall receive fulness of THE REWARD, as it is written: “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM; for we shall see him as he is” [1 John 3:2] THE REWARD is not houses, cars or money but we shall be like the Lord Jesus Christ in every detail, and so shall be fulfilled THE PROMISE God made in the beginning, saying: “… Let us make man in our image, after our likeness” [Genesis 1:28] THE REWARD is EVERLASTING DOMINION, to reign with Christ forever [Revelation 22:1-5]
5. Regrettably, THE REWARD has two sides; good and evil. Those who refuse to be conformed to the image and likeness of Jesus Christ shall be damned and cast “… INTO EVERLASTING FIRE, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS” [Matthew 25:41] The agony and sorrow of the lake of fire was never intended for man but for the devil and his rebellious hosts. If any man ends up there, he did so by choice. The choice is yours to conform to Christ or deny Him. The first step to conforming to the image and likeness of Jesus Christ is to receive Him as your Lord and Saviour. Do that today and you will forever be glad you did, amen.