1. LIVING BEYOND SIN is the PRINCIPAL REASON we are BORN AGAIN, and “WHOSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD DOTH NOT COMMIT SIN; for HIS SEED REMAINETH IN HIM: and HE CANNOT SIN, because HE IS BORN OF GOD” [1 John 3:9] Jesus Christ did not DIE on the Cross, for us to CONTINUE in SIN, “… God FORBID. HOW SHALL WE, THAT ARE DEAD TO SIN, LIVE ANY LONGER THEREIN? [Romans 6:1-2] LIVING BEYOND SIN is for those who can truthfully say, “I AM CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but CHRIST LIVETH IN ME: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” [Galatians 2:20]
2. LIVING BEYOND SIN is the VICTORY of LIFE over DEATH. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they did not DIE physically, but became SINNERS., DEAD to the LIFE of God, and so was the whole world until God was manifested in Jesus Christ, “… that through death he might destroy HIM THAT HAD THE POWER OF DEATH, that is, THE DEVIL; And deliver them who THROUGH FEAR OF DEATH WERE ALL THEIR LIFETIME SUBJECT TO BONDAGE” [Hebrews 2:14-15] SIN did not make us SINNERS, we were born as SINNERS into this world and we LIVE in SIN as proof of BONDAGE to the devil, for “HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL; … For this purpose the SON OF GOD WAS MANIFESTED, THAT HE MIGHT DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL” [1 John 3:8] The “WORKS OF THE DEVIL” are the LIES and WILES of the ENEMY, which keep SINNERS in BONDAGE to the SENTENCE of DEATH. Jesus Christ destroyed them ALL, when He DIED on the Cross and ROSE from DEATH [Colossians 2:4] When the SINNER comes to God through Jesus Christ, he DIES to SIN as Jesus did, “… CRUCIFIED WITH HIM, that the BODY OF SIN MIGHT BE DESTROYED, that henceforth WE SHOULD NOT SERVE SIN” [Romans 6:6] In Jesus Christ, we are FREE to LIVE BEYOND SIN as SONS OF GOD and “… as many as RECEIVED HIM, TO THEM GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME SONS OF GOD, even to them that believe on his name” [John 1:12]
3. LIVING BEYOND SIN is the MYSTERY of the LIFE of God in man, “And without controversy great is the MYSTERY OF GODLINESS: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH” [1 Timothy 3:16] Indeed, God was manifest in Jesus Christ, “… that he might be the FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BRETHREN” [Romans 8:29] The LIFE of God is in us by FAITH in Jesus Christ. We did not “EARN” it by penance, we did not “LEARN” it and it was not “BESTOWED” on us by laying of hands, but by REVELATION of the MYSTERY of the FATHER in the SON. If any man will LIVE BEYOND SIN, let him SEEK the Lord beyond what the Preacher said, because “… no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he TO WHOM THE SON WILL REVEAL HIM” [Luke 10:22] The Preacher did his job, bringing you to Christ, you must “… work out YOUR OWN SALVATION with fear and trembling” [Philippians 2:12] Do not work out your SALVATION along denominational lines or with any man, you will be disappointed. Work it out in a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with the Lord and “And YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH, and the TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE”, from the law of SIN and DEATH [John 8:32] The TRUTH you KNOW shall dwell in you, and “At that day YE SHALL KNOW THAT I AM IN MY FATHER, AND YE IN ME, AND I IN YOU” [John 14:20] LIVING BEYOND SIN is yousr when God dwells in you, “For it is GOD WHICH WORKETH IN YOU BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO of his good pleasure” [Philippians 2:13]
4. LIVING BEYOND SIN is ETERNAL LIFE, “And this is the promise that HE HATH PROMISED US, even ETERNAL LIFE” [1 John 2:25] ETERNAL LIFE is our TREASURE of inestimable value, but we “… have this TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us” [2 Corinthians 4:7] LIVING BEYOND SIN is the daily CONFLICT of maintaining the TREASURE in this EARTHEN VESSELS, weakened by FAULTS. SIN is confirmation of satanic BONDAGE, whereas FAULTS arise from DEFECTS in the FLESH. FAULTS are THORNS in our FLESH, provoking reactions CONTRARY to FAITH [2 Corinthians 12:7] God knows Satan has access to this natural BODY and made provision for us to be “… SEALED with that HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE” [Ephesians 1:13] When you come to Jesus, make sure you are BAPTIZED with the Holy Ghost, by which we are SEALED from SIN. Satan knows he cannot BREAK the SEAL, as long as the Holy Spirit is in us, but provokes us to BREAK it. Every time we LEAN upon our own UNDERSTANDING or get DISTRACTED from FAITH by what we SEE or FEEL, we GRIEVE the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will call attention to our FAULTS but will not force Himself on us. Samson learnt the hard way and his eyes plucked out, because “… he wist not that the LORD was departed from him” [Judges 16:20] Beloved, our REDEMPTION is imminent, let us be vigilant in FAITH “And GRIEVE NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption” [Ephesians 4:30]
5. LIVING BEYOND SIN begins when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour; make that move now, amen.