1. MYSTERY BRIDEGROOM AND HIS BRIDE is God’s PURPOSE concealed in plain sight, ”It is the GLORY OF GOD TO CONCEAL a thing: but the HONOUR of KINGS is to SEARCH out a matter” [Proverbs 25:2] God “CONCEALED” the WOMAN in Adam, separated her from his RIB and afterwards joined them in MARRIAGE, “Therefore shall a MAN LEAVE HIS FATHER and MOTHER, and shall CLEAVE UNTO HIS WIFE: and they shall be ONE FLESH” [Genesis 2:24] We were chosen in God before the foundation of the world to be His BRIDE “According as he hath CHOSEN US IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” [Ephesians 1:4] Here is a MYSTERY, the WOMAN was joined to the MAN to TEND and INHERIT Eden, not to fuel PASSION, “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an HELP MEET for him” [Genesis 2:18] We, likewise, are joined by PREDESTINATION to God as children and BRIDE, as JOINT-HEIRS with His SON, our MYSTERY BRIDEGROOM ”And if children, then heirs; HEIRS OF GOD, and JOINT-HEIRS WITH CHRIST; if so be that we SUFFER WITH HIM, that we may be also GLORIFIED TOGETHER” [Romans 8:17]
2. When a man leaves FATHER and MOTHER to “CLEAVE” to his WIFE, He bears WITNESS of the SON, who in due season came out of the FATHER to “CLEAVE” to His BRIDE, “For GOD SO LOVED the WORLD, that HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE” [John 3:16] God gave us Himself, hid in the SON, our MYSTERY BRIDEGROOM; the fulness of God clothed in frame of man “For unto us a child is born, unto us A SON IS GIVEN: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and HIS NAME shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace” [Isaiah 9:6] A MAN is joined to a WOMAN in MARRIAGE to become ONE FLESH, so did God become like us that He might RECONCILE us to Himself in ONE BODY through Jesus Christ, “And without controversy great is the MYSTERY OF GODLINESS: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory” [1 Timothy 3:16] God was born, a lowly carpenter, our BRIDEGROOM was hid in MYSTERY to redeem us and there was “… no beauty that we should desire him. He is DESPISED and REJECTED of men; a MAN OF SORROWS, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and WE ESTEEMED HIM NOT” [Isaiah 53:2-3]
3. We are His BRIDE not because we first loved Him, but He loved us first and “… GAVE HIMSELF FOR US, that he might REDEEM US from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a PECULIAR PEOPLE, ZEALOUS of GODD WORKS” [Titus 2:14] We were drawn to His Cross by the hearing of GOSPEL to DIE as He did to the FLESH “… BURIED with him by BAPTISM into DEATH: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE” [Romans 6:5] At the Cross, we forsook ALL we ever wished to be to be raised as His BRIDE in “NEWNESS OF LIFE”, “And that he died for all, that they which live SHOULD NOT HENCEFORTH LIVE UNTO THEMSELVES, BUT UNTO HIM which died for them, and ROSE AGAIN” [2 Corinthians 5:15] We are alive in Him and live for Him as “MEMBERS” of His BODY and He, the HEAD, “From whom the whole BODY FITLY JOINED together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the EFFECTUAL WORKING in the measure of every part, maketh INCREASE of the BODY unto the edifying of itself in love” [Ephesians 4:16] While Adam was absent, his BRIDE was deceived; let us, therefore, WATCH and PRAY not to be DECEIVED while He is away, but be “FITLY JOINED” to Him, “For this cause shall a MAN leave his father and mother, and SHALL BE JOINED UNTO HIS WIFE, and they two shall be ONE FLESH. This is a GREAT MYSTERY: but I speak concerning CHRIST and the CHURCH” [Ephesians 5:30-32]
4. His BRIDE has waited long and the BRIDEGROOM is at the door, saying: “And, behold, I COME QUICKLY; and MY REWARD IS WITH ME, to give EVERY man according as HIS WORK shall be” [Revelation 22:12] He has prepared a place for us, an everlasting inheritance beyond human or angelic imagination “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God PREPARED FOR THEM THAT LOVE HIM” [1 Corinthians 2:8] Now, we are joined to Him in this BODY, but when He shall appear, we shall be WEDDED to Him in the fulness of glory. Let us, therefore, prepare our WEDDING GARMENTS with RIGHTEOUSNES and, “Let us be GLAD and REJOICE, and give honour to him: for the MARRIAGE of the LAMB is come, and his WIFE HATH MADE HERSELF READY. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the FINE LINEN IS THE RIGHTEOUSNES OF SAINTS” [Revelation 19:7-9] When He shall appear, the veil of MYSTERY shall be removed and we shall SEE Him as He is at the MARRIAGE SUPPER of the LAMB, “And he saith unto me, Write, BLESSED ARE THEY WHICH ARE CALLED to the MARRIAGE SUPPER of the LAMB. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God” [Revelation 19:9]
5. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and book your seat at the MARRIAGE SUPPER of the LANB, amen.