1. I recently read of a man argue RAPTURE is a fable because the word was not once mentioned in the Bible. While it is true the exact word was not used, the Bible is also not an historical book, and cannot be read like a scientific journal, “ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” [2 Timothy 3:16] The Bible is a compendium of MYSTERIES CONCEALED by the WISDOM of God, for “It is the GLORY OF GOD TO CONCEAL A THING: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter” [Proverbs 25:2] The Bible is understood by those to whom “… it is given to know the MYSTERIES OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD: but to others in parables; that SEEING THEY MIGHT NOT SEE, and HEARING THEY MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND” [Luke 8:10] ORDER OF MELCHISEDEC is a MYSTERY and like RAPTURE and many others, they are “GIVEN” to those who are initiated into the “MYSTERIES OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD”.
2. MELCHISEDEC is the heavenly ORDER of SAINTS made perfect in Jesus Christ, our HIGH PRIEST. If there is a HIGH PRIEST, there must of necessity be PRIESTS who are made like Him. To be made like Him, He became like us, “Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be MADE LIKE UNTO HIS BRETHREN, that he might be a merciful and FAITHFUL HIGH PRIEST in things pertaining to God, …” [Hebrews 2:17] Having said that, the Bible says: “For this MELCHISEDEC, KING of Salem, PRIEST of the most high God, …” [Hebrews 7:1] If this man was KING and PRIEST, so are we who come to God through Jesus Christ, who “… WAST SLAIN, and hast REDEEMED US TO GOD by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast MADE US UNTO OUR GOD KINGS and PRIESTS: …” [Revelation 5:9-10] MELCHISEDEC was not God in FLESH, or a personal name, but a description of who we are in Jesus Christ, “… being by INTERPRETATION KING OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and after that also King of Salem, which is, KING OF PEACE” [Hebrews 7:2] We also are KINGS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS in Christ “… who knew no sin; that WE MIGHT BE MADE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in him” [2 Corinthians 5:21] We are KINGS OF PEACE, even as Christ decreed, saying: “… MY PEACE I GIVE UNTO YOU: not as the world giveth, give I unto you” [John 14:27]
3. ORDER OF MELCHISEDEC is the prophetic mandate of GRACE in the BLOOD of the “… LAMB SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD [Revelation 13:8] The man we call MELCHISEDEC obviously found GRACE, even as “… NOAH FOUND GRACE in the eyes of the LORD”, and Enoch, and Job, of who God TESTIFIED, “… Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, A PERFECT and AN UPRIGHT MAN, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? … [Job 2:3] When God called Abraham, he was neither PERFECT nor UPRIGHT but obtained GRACE, as one in who “… ALL FAMILIES OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED” [Genesis 12:3, See also Joshua 24:2] When Abraham met this man, he had ISRAEL in his loins and in his hands spoils of men and women, GENTILES, and gave him “TITHES OF ALL”, “That the BLESSING OF ABRAHAM MIGHT COME ON THE GENTILES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith” [Galatians 3:14] This man, standing as PRIEST OF THE MOST HIGH GOD, gave Abraham the instruments of GRACE and pronounced the BLESSING, as it is written: “And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth BREAD and WINE: and he was the PRIEST OF THE MOST HIGH GOD. And HE BLESSED HIM, …” [Genesis 14:18-19] BREAD signify GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, and WINE, His SPIRIT, by which the BRIDE are sealed into the ORDER OF MELCHISEDEC.
4. ORDER OF MELCHISEDEC is the everlasting PRIESTHOOD of those who are BORN, “… NOT OF BLOOD, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, BUT OF GOD” [John 1:13] If any man is BORN OF GOD, “… HE IS A NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; behold, ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW” [2 Corinthians 5:17] We are indeed NEW CREATURES, even as the man we call MELICHISEDEC, who the Bible says was “Without father, without mother, WITHOUT DESCENT, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but MADE LIKE UNTO THE SON OF GOD; abideth A PRIEST CONTINUALLY” [Hebrews 7:3] If this man had no father or mother so are we, but “BORN OF GOD”. We are established in EVERLASTING LIFE, having neither “BEGINNING OF DAYS, NOR END OF LIFE”. You see, he was not the SON OF GOD, but MADE LIKE Him; a FORERUNNER of who we are and what we shall be, as it is written: “Beloved, NOW ARE WE THE SONS OF GOD, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM; for we shall see him as he is” [1 John 3:2] Beloved, consider how great this man was and Enoch, Noah, Job, Abraham, David, and others “… having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that THEY WITHOUT US SHOULD NOT BE MADE PERFECT” [Hebrews 11:39-40] Let us, therefore, press towards the mark of the calling of Jesus Christ to be made PERFECT with them at His imminent appearance.
5. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour today and take your place in the ORDER OF MELCHISEDEC, amen