1. JOY OF SALVATION is the ATMOSPHERE of heaven in those who are RECONCILED to God through Jesus Christ, “For BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; and that not of yourselves: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD” [Ephesians 2:8] Our JOY is a GIFT from God, administered by the Holy Ghost, “For the KINGDOM OF GOD is not meat and drink; but RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND PEACE, AND JOY IN THE HOLY GHOST” [Romans 14:17] It is not a FEELING or STATUS, but the TREASURE of heaven on earth, which “… a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found ONE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE, WENT AND SOLD ALL THAT HE HAD, AND BOUGHT IT” [Matthew 12:45] JOY OF SALVATION is the TREASURE which King David lost, for a few minutes of pleasure with another man’s wife, and for which he begged, saying: “CAST ME NOT AWAY FROM THY PRESENCE; and take not thy holy spirit from me. RESTORE UNTO ME THE JOY OF THY SALVATION; and uphold me with thy free spirit” [Psalms 51:11-12]
2. JOY OF SALVATION comes from PEACE with God, “… who hath RECONCILED US TO HIMSELF BY JESUS CHRIST, … “ [2 Corinthians 5:18] The OFFER of RECONCILIATION was clearly stated, “And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you GOOD TIDINGS OF GREAT JOY, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a SAVIOUR, WHICH IS CHRIST the Lord” [Luke 2:10-11] Christ means the ANOINTED ONE, and the ANOINTING in Him is God, “For IN HIM DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY” [Colossians 2:9] God was in Jesus Christ to make PEACE with man and OFFER GREAT JOY to those who accept Jesus Christ as SAVIOUR, and “… AS MANY AS RECEIVED HIM, TO THEM GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GOD, even to them that believe on his name” [John 1:12] Beloved, as a SON, you are not immune to TRIBULATION, but ”… the PEACE OF GOD, which passeth all understanding, shall KEEP YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS” [Philippians 4:7] His PEACE is our WAY OF ESCAPE in all TEMPTATIONS and “… with the temptation also MAKE A WAY OF ESCAPE, that ye may be able to bear it” [1 Corinthians 10:13] The assurance of His PEACE kindles in us the JOY OF SALVATION, but as a LITTLE FLAME, until we are BAPTIZED with POWER and transformed into roaring FIRE of unspeakable JOY.
3. JOY OF SALVATION is fueled by WITNESSING of Christ, and “… NO MAN CAN SAY THAT JESUS IS THE LORD, BUT BY THE HOLY GHOST” [1 Corinthians 12:3] The HOLY GHOST is Christ in us, WITNESSING of Himself, and of the GOOD TIDINGS of GREAT JOY announced in Luke 2:10-11. When the OFFER of GOOD TIDING is accepted, JOY OF SALVATION is born, but as MILK to a BABY, it does not last forever. As BABES, there is no authority in us to WITNESS of Him until we receive POWER, as it is written: “And YE SHALL RECEIVE POWER, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and YE SHALL BE WITNESSES UNTO ME … “ [Acts 1:8] His POWER in us validates our TESTIMONY of Him, the OFFER of GREAT JOY mentioned in Luke 2:10-11 is activated and there is “… JOY IN THE PRESENCE OF THE ANGELS of God OVER ONE SINNER THAT REPENTETH” [Luke 15:10] Listen carefully, angels REJOICE at a SINNER who REPENTS, not a BREAD SEEKER who crossed from one denomination to another [John 6:26-27] When we TESTIFY of Christ, there is JOY in heaven and on earth, the ATMOSPHERE of heaven is replicated, as in Samaria, when “… Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and PREACHED CHRIST unto them…. And there was GREAT JOY IN THAT CITY” [Acts 8:5-8] Look around, it seems there are more depressed souls in the Church than in the world. If only we will go out there and WITNESS of Christ, the tears shall be turned to JOY OF SALVATION.
4. JOY OF SALVATION is established in those whose HOPE is in Christ’s imminent appearance, as it is written: “And, behold, I COME QUICKLY; and MY REWARD IS WITH ME, to give every man according as his work shall be” [Revelation 22:12] We are STRANGERS in this world, grossly misunderstood and oftentimes persecuted, but not discouraged. In troubles and in pains, the HOPE of His REWARD is our JOY and His WORDS in our ears COMFORT us, saying: “REJOICE AND BE EXCEEDING GLAD: for GREAT IS YOUR REWARD IN HEAVEN: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you” [Matthew 5:12] Though we have not the FULL REWARD in this BODY, we have in us the EARNEST of our inheritance, “… THAT HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE, WHICH IS THE EARNEST OF OUR INHERITANCE until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory” [Ephesians 1:13-14] The “EARNEST OF OUR INHERITANCE” is ETERNAL LIFE, bubbling in us with the “EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER” of God, and “… we have this TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS, that the EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD, and not of us” [2 Corinthians 4:7] When we are pressed on every side by pains and or lack, we are not perturbed, but REJOICE in HOPE as the day approaches, “… WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM; for we shall see him as he is” [1 John 3:2]
5. JOY OF SALVATION begins and ends in Jesus Christ; accept Him today, as your Lord and Saviour, amen