1. SEAL OF GOD is God’s EVERLASTING APPROVAL to LIVE FOREVER, as TRUE WITNESS of His NAME and PERSON. When Pharaoh promoted Joseph, he gave him his RING and MEDALLION bearing the SEAL of constituted AUTHORITY. The SEAL transferred the AUTHORITY and PERSONALITY of Pharaoh to Joseph, to RULE as TRUE WITNESS of his PERSON, as it is written: “THOU SHALT BE OVER MY HOUSE, and ACCORDING UNTO THY WORD SHALL ALL MY PEOPLE BE RULED: only in the throne will I be greater than thou” [Genesis 41:40] As long as Joseph had the SEAL, whatever he SAID or DID was accounted to Pharaoh, but Pharaoh’s SEAL was limited by TIME and there soon “… arose up a NEW KING OVER EGYPT, WHICH KNEW NOT JOSEPH” [Exodus 1:8] SEAL OF GOD is not limited by TIME or LIFETIME; it is God IMPRESSING His PERSONALITY in us, to raise EVERLASTING WITNESSES of His POWER and EXCELLENCY.
2. SEAL OF GOD is the PERSONALITY of God made compatible with man and CONCEIVED in Mary, when the angel said, “… The HOLY GHOST SHALL COME UPON THEE, and the POWER OF THE HIGHEST shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee SHALL BE CALLED THE SON OF GOD” [Luke 1:35] The SON OF GOD lived amongst us, the “… EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON …”, in the FORM of man [Hebrews 1:3] We do not have much record of His early life, until “… the HOLY GHOST DESCENDED IN A BODILY SHAPE LIKE A DOVE UPON HIM, and a VOICE CAME FROM HEAVEN, which said, THOU ART MY BELOVED SON; in thee I am well pleased” [Luke 3;22] The HOLY GHOST came upon Mary and she gave birth to Jesus, the EXPRESS IMAGE of God. At Jordan, the Holy Ghost came down as the SEAL of God, confirming Jesus Christ as the EXPRESS IMAGE and LIKENESS of God in who “… DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY” [Colossians 2:9] If you ever wondered why Jesus TARRIED for thirty years to kick off His earthly ministry, He did so to set the pattern for us. We are BORN AGAIN in the IMAGE of God, and by the SEAL OF SEAL confirmed in His LIKENESS. As the IMAGE without the LIKENESS cannot please God, let us, therefore, in watching and praying WAIT on the Lord to receive the PROMISE of the FATHER [Acts 1:4]
3. SEAL OF GOD is a SURE PROMISE, as it is written: “But YE SHALL RECEIVE POWER, after that the HOLY GHOST IS COME UPON YOU: and YE SHALL BE WITNESSES UNTO ME …” [Acts 1:8] The pattern is unchanged, Jesus “… BREATHED ON THEM, and saith unto them, RECEIVE YE THE HOLY GHOST”. By His BREATHE the Apostles were BORN AGAIN of the Holy Ghost, in the IMAGE of God [John 20:22] When we come to Jesus, we are BORN AGAIN, in the IMAGE of Christ, as BABES, even as Jesus in the manger. As BABES, we are simply not ready to exercise the awesome POWER of God to function as VALID WITNESS of His PERSON. Though HEIRS of the PROMISE, the HEIR “… as long AS HE IS A CHILD, DIFFERETH NOTHING FROM A SERVANT, though he be lord of all” [Galatians 4:1] The Apostles WAITED, as Jesus did, and the HOLY GHOST which “DESCENDED IN A BODILY SHAPE LIKE A DOVE UPON HIM”, came down as TONGUES OF FIRE, “… And THEY WERE ALL FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, … ” [Acts 2:4] This time, the SEAL OF GOD was IMPRESSED by FIRE and they were FILLED with the LIKENESS of Jesus Christ. They became as Jesus in every manner and were rightly called CHRISTIANS. Brethren, we are not CHRISTIANS until the SEAL OF GOD is IMPRESSED on us by the HOLY GHOST and we are FILLED with the PERSONALITY of Jesus Christ.
4. SEAL OF GOD is Jesus Christ in us WITNESSING of Himself, “How God ANOINTED JESUS of Nazareth WITH THE HOLY GHOST AND POWER: who WENT ABOUT DOING GOOD, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for GOD WAS WITH HIM” [Acts 10:38] The early Church gave TRUE WITNESS of Christ, and with “… GREAT POWER GAVE THE APOSTLES WITNESS of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. NEITHER WAS THERE ANY AMONG THEM THAT LACKED …“ [Acts 4:33-34] Brethren, there is no updated version of the SEAL OF GOD; He is unchangeable and His STANDARDS infallible. We must be BORN AGAIN and restored by the HOLY GHOST, in the IMAGE of God. Afterwards, we must WAIT in FAITH to receive the SEAL OF GOD and be made PERFECT in His LIKENESS. The SEAL OF GOD is our WEDDING GARMENT to the MARRIAGE SUPPER of the LAMB, when we which are alive shall be revealed in the fulness of the stature of Christ “… come in the unity of the faith, and of the KNOWLEDGE OF THE SON OF GOD, unto A PERFECT MAN, unto the measure of the stature of the FULNESS OF CHRIST [Ephesians 4:13] Beloved, let us put aside all distractions of the FLESH and WAIT on the Lord, WATCHING and PRAYING to be “… SEALED WITH THAT HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE” [Ephesians 1:13]
5. Friend, if you are not BORN AGAIN, I plead with you to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and WAIT on Him in fervent FAITH to receive the SEAL OF GOD, amen