1. God said: “… Let us make MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion …” [Genesis 1:26] Take note, IMAGE and LIKENESS are not the same, and God was not in error when He went ahead and “… CREATED MAN IN HIS IMAGE, IN THE IMAGE OF GOD CREATED HE HIM; … ” [Genesis 1:27] The emphasis on IMAGE in verse 27 clarified the deliberate omission of God’s LIKENESS in man. The IMAGE of God in man is the LIVING SOUL, which we received when God , “… BREATHED INTO HIS NOSTRILS the BREATH OF LIFE; and MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL” [Genesis 2:7] A LIVING SOUL is equipped with INDEPENDENT WILL to make CHOICES, but lacks the LIKENESS of God to be made PERFECT. The IMAGE of God is FORM, and His LIKENESS is God REVEALED in CREATION. The MYSTERY OF GODLINESS is the missing component of CREATION, and by REVELATION, we are made PERFECT in the LIKENESS of God.
2. Angels were CREATED in the IMAGE of God and man, a “… LITTLE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS …” [Psalms 8:5] Angels were not CREATED in God’s LIKENESS and KNEW God by His WORD until “… HE BRINGETH IN THE FIRSTBEGOTTEN into the world, he saith, And LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM” [Hebrews 16] The FIRSTBEGOTTEN is God REVEALED in the ANGEL OF THE LORD; in the FORM angels could SEE. They SAW the LIKENESS of God and HEARD the VOICE they KNEW so well declare His PRESENCE in their midst. Remember, no angel ever SAW God, and were constrained to CHOOSE by FAITH in the WORD and not by SIGHT. Those who ACCEPTED who God SAID He is, and were not distracted by what they SAW or did not SEE were made PERFECT in Hs LIKENESS, as it is written: “But we all, with open face BEHOLDING AS IN A GLASS THE GLORY OF THE LORD, ARE CHANGED INTO THE SAME IMAGE FROM GLORY TO GLORY, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” [2 Corinthians 3:18] The angels that HEARD the WORD, SAW the WORD manifest in their midst and DENIED His LIKENESS were led into REBELLION by Satan “… And the great DRAGON WAS CAST OUT, that old serpent, called the Devil, and SATAN, WHICH DECEIVETH THE WHOLE WORLD … “ [Revelation 12:7-9]
3. Adam and Eve had the FORM of God and KNEW Him by His VOICE until they DENIED the WORD and fell into SIN. When the WORD came calling, they HID themselves and lamented, “… I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was AFRAID, because I WAS NAKED; and I HID MYSELF” [Genesis 3:10] Adam and Eve DENIED the WORD and lost the COVERING that came with the FORM of God. Listen carefully, whereas Adam and Eve SINNED against the WORD, fallen angels DENIED the REVELATION of God and were condemned to SECOND DEATH, “… in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH” [Revelation 21:8] The WAGES of the SIN of man was clearly stated, “… for in the day that thou eatest thereof THOU SHALT SURELY DIE” [Genesis 2:17] The SENTENCE subsists in the FLESH, until the MYSTERY OF GODLINESS was REVEALED and ever since whosoever DENIES the REVELATION of God in Jesus CHRIST joins fallen angels in “… EVERLASTING FIRE, PREPARED FOR SATAN AND HIS ANGELS” [Matthew 25:41] Meanwhile, God made a COVERING for SIN and “Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God MAKE COATS OF SKINS, and CLOTHED THEM” [Genesis 3:21] The “COATS OF SKINS” was not a fashion statement, but most likely LAMBS were slain the “JUST” died in place of the “UNJUST” to restore the IMAGE of God in man;. This is a MYSTERY, “Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory” [1 Corinthians 2:8]
4. At the appointed time, the “… WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and DWELT AMONG US, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER,)… ” [John 1:14] The “ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER” is Jesus Christ; the TRUE and ONLY MANIFESTATION of God, “… the BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, and the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON,…” [Hebrews 13] In Him is the MYSTERY OF GODLINESS REVEALED, and in Him “… DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY” [Colossians 2:9] Jesus Christ IS NOT AN ANGEL or the second person of a TRINITY of gods. He is God, the ONLY JUST ONE, laying down His LIFE for the UNJUST, and “… without controversy GREAT IS THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS: God was MANIFEST IN FLESH…” [1 Timothy 3:16] Many of those who SAW God MANIFEST in FLESH did not BELIEVE His TESTIMONY, “But as many as RECEIVED HIM, to them gave he POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GOD, even TO THEM THAT BELIEVE ON HIS NAME” [John 1:12] Beloved, it does not matter if we did not SEE Him in the FLESH, “… BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HAVE NOT SEEN, and YET HAVE BELIEVED” [John 20:29] All God requires of you is to BELIEVE who He SAYS He is, and “… WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM; FOR WE SHALL SEE HIM AS HE IS” [1 John 3:2] It is no doubt a MYSTERY; think over it prayerfully and “… WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION with fear and trembling” [Philippians 2:12]
5. Friend, I encourage you to BELIEVE who God SAYS He is and accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and SAVIOUR, amen.