1. It does not matter how long we live, we shall one day DIE and “ … EVERY ONE SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT OF HIMSELF to God” [Romans 14:12] Everything we do or fail to do, including thoughts and imaginations, we shall give ACCOUNT and be JUDGED, “… as it is APPOINTED UNTO MEN ONCE TO DIE, but AFTER THIS THE JUDGMENT” [Hebrews 9:27] Those who DIE without sorting out their ACCOUNTS with Jesus Christ shall be JUDGED “… out of those things which were written in the BOOKS, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS” [Revelation 20:12] Those who accept Jesus Christ as LORD and SAVIOUR and SETTLE their ACCOUNTS with Him have their WORKS approved and shall receive His REWARD, as it is written: “And, behold, I COME QUICKLY; and MY REWARD IS WITH ME, TO GIVE EVERY MAN ACCORDING AS HIS WORK shall be” [Revelation 22:12] If you “KNOW” not the Lord Jesus Christ and refuse to SETTLE” your ACCOUNT with Him, thus shall He say to you on the DAY of JUDGMENT, “… I KNOW YOU NOT whence ye are; DEPART FROM ME, all YE WORKERS OF INIQUITY” [Luke 13:27]
2. WORDS emanate from within and CLEANSE or DEFILE, as it is written: ”But those things which PROCEED OUT OF THE MOUTH COME FROM THE HEART; and they DEFILE THE MAN” [Matthew 15:18] When a man CONFESSES Jesus Christ as LORD and SAVIOUR, his SINS are erased and his ACCOUNT CREDITED with SALVATION, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and WITH THE MOUTH CONFESSION IS MADE UNTO SALVATION” [Romans 10:10] If you have not confessed Jesus Christ as LORD and SAVIOUR you are DEFILED; every WORD out of your mouth is IDLE TALK and for “… every IDLE WORD that men shall speak, they shall GIVE ACCOUNT thereof in the DAY OF JUDGMENT” [Matthew 12:36] IDLE TALK is not limited to SINNERS; when the PREACHER “SWEETENS” the GOSPEL for material gain, he is guilty of IDLE WORDS and “SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT”. When we spend hours CURSING perceived enemies in the name of the Lord, it is IDLE TALK. Brethren, WORDS are so important, “… IF ANY MAN OFFEND NOT IN WORD, THE SAME IS A PERFECT MAN, and able also to bridle the whole body” [James 3:2] I charge you to EXAMINE your speech and let your mouth be filled “… with GRACE, seasoned with salt, that ye may KNOW HOW YE OUGHT TO ANSWER EVERY MAN” [Colossians 4:6] Beloved, if we have OFFENDED God or man in WORD, let us REPENT and SETTLE the ACCOUNT and we shall be blameless when we are CALLED HOME.
3. Whatever we have in this world, we received by DIVINE PROVIDENCE, “… and WHAT HAST THOU THAT THOU DIDST NOT RECEIVE? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?” [1 Corinthians 4:7] We received ALL THINGS from God and must give ACCOUNT, “… For unto WHOMSOEVER MUCH IS GIVEN, OF HIM SHALL MUCH BE REQUIRED… ” [Luke 12:48] The Lord Jesus Christ told His disciples the PARABLE of a STEWARD ACCUSED of “WASTING” his master’s goods. The master “ … CALLED him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? GIVE AN ACCOUNT OF THY STEWARDSHIP; for thou mayest be NO LONGER STEWARD” [Luke 16:1-2] God is the MASTER who gives material and spiritual riches to men according to His PURPOSE. Take note, the STEWARD had an ACCUSER, as we also do, “ … for the ACCUSER OF OUR BRETHREN is cast down, which ACCUSED THEM BEFORE OUR GOD DAY AND NIGHT” [Revelation 12:10] The ACCUSER is Satan, watching how you spend “YOUR MONEY” and exercise “YOUR SPIRITUAL GIFTS”. When you neglect the poor, refuse to spend for the cause of the GOSPEL and or monetize SPIRITUAL GIFTS, you yield advantage to the ACCUSER to DEBIT your ACCOUNT. Beloved, AUDIT your RESOURCES now, SETTLE your ACCOUNT with the Lord and give no room to the ACCUSER.
4. Perhaps the only thing the rich and poor have in common is 24 hours in a day, and we shall give ACCOUNT of every second to God, “… who without respect of persons JUDGETH according to EVERY MAN’S WORK, pass the TIME OF YOUR SOJOURNING HERE in fear” [1 Peter 1:7] What you do with your TIME determine the WORDS of your mouth and how you allocate your RESOURCES. Your TIME, WORDS and RESOURCES amount to your WORK and “EVERY MAN’S WORK SHAL BE MADE MANIFEST: for the day shall declare it, because IT SHALL BE REVEALED BY FIRE; and the FIRE SHALL TRY EVERY MAN’S WORK…” [1Corinthians 3:13] If your TIME is frittered on “EARTHLY THINGS”, your WORK has no ETERNAL RELEVANCE; you are sowing to your FLESH and “… HE THAT SOWETH TO HIS FLESH SHALL OF THE FLESH REAP CORRUPTION; but he that SOWETH TO THE SPIRIT SHALL OF THE SPIRIT REAP LIFE EVERLASTING” [Galatians 6:8] Listen carefully, no man can deceive God with ecclesiastical titles or religious activities; God JUDGES the HEART and shall “… bring to light the HIDDEN THINGS OF DARKNESS, and will make manifest the COUNSELS OF THE HEART: and then shall every man have praise of God” [1 Corinthians 4:5] I challenge you to scrutinize your TIME, that your WORK be not in vain.
5. Brethren, let us AUDIT and SETTLE our ACCOUNTS before it is too late. If you have no ACCOUNT in Jesus Christ, I plead with you to accept Him today, as your LORD and SAVIOUR, amen