1. ABIDE IN ME is a PROPHETIC INSTRUCTION to the BRIDE to return and be made ready for the imminent appearance of the BRIDEGROOM. It is the heart cry of the GOOD SHEPHERD to gather His FLOCKS and prepare them for the DAY of His VISITATION. ABIDE IN ME, says the Lord to the GENTILE CHURCH, so you will not be overcome by DESOLATION, as the JEWISH Church to whom the Lord lamented, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, HOW OFTEN WOULD I HAVE GATHERED THY CHILDREN together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and YE WOULD NOT! Behold, YOUR HOUSE IS LEFT UNTO YOU DESOLATE” [Matthew 23:37-38] ABIDE IN ME, says the Lord to His SHEEP, FOLLOW my INSTRUCTIONS and ride to GLORY over looming TRIBULATION, as it is written: “MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, and I KNOW THEM, and THEY FOLLOW ME” [John 10:27]
2. ABIDE IN ME is the REBUKE of the GOOD SHEPHERD to His SHEEP, for we all “… LIKE SHEEP HAVE GONE ASTRAY; we have turned every one to his own way; …” [Isaiah 53:6] SHEEP by nature are wont to wander away from the SHEPHERD in search of food and water and so have we, “For ALL SEEK THEIR OWN, not the things which are Jesus Christ’s” [Philippians 2:21] Some of us left sound principles of Christ to forage on “… Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, SUPPOSING THAT GAIN IS GODLINESS … ” [1Timothy 6:5] We were enticed by WORLDLY LUSTS to dine on doctrines of devils, “… GIVING HEED TO SEDUCING SPIRITS, and DOCTRINES OF DEVILS” [1 Timothy 4:1] We were BEGUILED and fell away from “… THE SIMPLICITY THAT IS IN CHRIST” [2 Corinthians 11:3] We went from being humble DISCIPLES to become MASTERS and sit as gods over the Lord’s vineyard. We no longer SERVE in the HOPE of ETERNAL GLORY but fight tooth and nail for filthy lucre. Brethren, the Lord is calling YOU and I to REPENT and return as NEW BORN BABES, putting away, “… all MALICE, and all GUILE, and HYPOCRISES, and ENVIES, and all EVIL SPEAKINGS, As newborn babes, DESIRE THE SINCERE MILK OF THE WORD OF GOD…” [1 Peter 2:1-2]
3. ABIDE IN ME is the Lord telling the ELECT to “Be SOBER, be VIGILANT; because your adversary the DEVIL AS A ROARING LION, walketh about, SEEKING WHOM TO DEVOUR” [1 Peter 5:8] Beloved, present DISTRESS in all nations shall not abate as we press further into the 21st century and in the CHURCH, there shall “… arise FALSE CHRISTS, and FALSE PROPHETS, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, IF IT WERE POSSIBLE, THEY SHALL DECEIVE THE VERY ELECT” [Matthew 24:24] That is not all, Satan has a SHORT TIME, “… to MAKE WAR WITH THE SAINTS, and to OVERCOME THEM: and POWER was given him OVER ALL KINDREDS, and TONGUE, and NATIONS“ [Revelations 13:7] It is scary, but TRUE and prophecy shall be fulfilled, saying: “… the time cometh, that WHOSOEVER KILLETH YOU WILL THINK THAT HE DOETH GOD SERVICE” [John 16:2] ABIDE IN ME is the Lord calling YOU and I to examine the FOUNDATION of our FAITH as the STORM breaks on this generation. Every FOUNDATION not anchored on SURE “… FOUNDATION of the APOSTLES and PROPHETS, JESUS CHRIST himself BEING THE CHIEF CORNER STONE” shall not stand [Ephesians 2:20] The Apostles did not build Cathedrals or mansions, but “… FORSOOK ALL, AND THEY FOLLOWED HIM” [Luke 5:11] ABIDE IN ME is the Lord Jesus Christ asking His SAINTS to return to PRECEPTS of ACTS OF THE APOSTLES and be established in STANDARDS of the EPISTLES.
4. ABIDE IN ME is Jesus Christ inviting YOU and I to a deeper relationship than of SHEEP and SHEPHERD. Remember, as SHEEP we went astray and when we ought to be mature in the likeness of Christ, we were “… become such as HAVE NEED OF MILK, and not of strong meat” [Hebrews 5:12] ABIDE IN ME is the Lord inviting YOU AND I to the fellowship of BRANCH to the VINE, saying: “IF YE ABIDE IN ME, AND MY WORDS ABIDE IN YOU, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” [John15:7] As the BRANCH ABIDES on the VINE and feeds on the LIFE of the VINE, so is the Lord calling us to forsake denominational creeds and ABIDE in the WORD, which is the “… BREAD WHICH COMETH DOWN FROM HEAVEN, that a man may eat thereof, and not die” [John 6:50] That BREAD is the REVELATION of God’s PERSONAL IDENTITY manifest in FLESH and BLOOD. The REVELATION of God’s PERSONAL IDENTITY in Jesus Christ is the LIFE of the VINE, which we must EAT to LIVE and DIE no more, as it is written: “Whoso EATETH MY FLESH, and DRINKETH MY BLOOD, HATH ETERNAL LIFE; and I WILL RAISE HIM UP AT THE LAST DAY” [John 6:54] ABIDE IN ME is Christ calling YOU and I to go beyond being SHEEP and be transformed to BRANCH in the REVELATION of God’s PERSONAL IDENTITY.
5. ABIDE IN ME is Christ’s FINAL CALL to the BRIDE, and “IF A MAN ABIDE NOT IN ME, HE IS CAST FORTH as a BRANCH, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast into the fire, and THEY ARE BURNED” [John 15:6] Return and ABIDE IN ME, says the Lord, amen