1. This LETTER is addressed to every WOMAN married to a man ORDAINED in any of Christ’s five-fold ministry. I will henceforth refer to you as PASTOR’S WIFE. You are PASTOR’S WIFE, not by accident, but “… PREDESTINATED ACCORDING TO THE PURPOSE OF HIM who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will” [Ephesians 1:11] Your PREDESTINATION is FAVOUR of God, who formed WOMAN out of man and “… CAUSED A DEEP SLEEP TO FALL UPON ADAM, and he slept: and he took ONE OF HIS RIBS, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And THE RIB, WHICH THE LORD HAD TAKEN FROM MAN, MADE HE A WOMAN,… “ [Genesis 2:21-22] Whereas Adam was put to SLEEP, Satan was wide AWAKE! My SISTER, your husband and God’s SERVANT, no matter what he thinks he knows, does not know half of what Satan knows of the intricate complexity of WOMANHOOD. I warn you, therefore, to beware of Satan; he is in the world to DECEIVE you and abort God’s COUNSEL for your life as he did to Eve, and it is written: “… Adam was not deceived, but the WOMAN BEING DECEIVED WAS IN THE TRANSGRESSION” [1 Timothy 2:14] I am sure your husband has his faults, but he is not Satan. Every time you take the BATTLE to your husband, Satan is at work to drag you into TRANSGRESSION.
2. PASTOR’S WIFE is a CALLING to share your husband with God, who chose him out of many, “And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but HE THAT IS CALLED OF GOD, as was Aaron” [Hebrews 5:4] Yes, your husband belongs to you, but much more to God, “… WHOSE NAME IS JEALOUS, is a jealous God” [Exodus 34:14] The situation is compounded because God deals with him without your concurrence. My Dear SISTER, you need uncommon grace to relate with a man on assignment for God, so you do not invoke His JEALOUSY and fall into JUDGMENT. Beloved, your husband is much more than a friend, lover and companion, he is to God, an INSTRUMENT of DIVINE ASSIGNMENT. Though you may never understand half of what he is going through, I exhort you to be PATIENT and refuse to buckle under as did the WIFE of PASTOR JOB. The Bible says: “Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? CURSE GOD, AND DIE” [Job 2;9] Do not by any means allow present distress to push your man to deny God’s COMMISSION, remember, “… weeping may endure for a night, but JOY COMETH IN THE MORNING” [Psalms 30:5] Hold on tight to your CALLING, knowing fully well, “… ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THEM THAT LOVE GOD, to them who are the called according to his purpose” [Romans 8:28]
3. PASTOR’S WIFE is not a title; you are primarily a WOMAN and then WIFE to a MAN OF GOD. Without controversy, every doctrine and regulation specified for WOMEN in the Bible applies to PASTOR’S WIFE. The GOSPEL we received from the Apostles of Christ disallows women, irrespective of status to “USURP AUTHORITY” over men, as it is written: “Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I SUFFER NOT A WOMAN TO TEACH, NOR TO USURP AUTHORITY OVER THE MAN, but to be in silence” [1 Timothy 2:11-12] You are the WIFE of one man, and the Bible disallows you to RULE over HUSBANDS of other women. The PASTOR’S WIFE, if she is mature not only in age but also in behavior and ministry of the WORD is required to “… TEACH THE YOUNG WOMEN to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, THAT THE WORD OF GOD BE NOT BLASPHEMED” [Titus 2:4-5] The PASTOR’S WIFE is CALLED to vindicate her husband’s MINISTRY with SOBRIETY in quiet obedience to SCRIPTURAL PRECEPTS, “… not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or COSTLY ARRAY; But (which becometh women professing godliness) WITH GOOD WORKS” [1 Timothy 2:9-10]
4. The VITAL ORGAN of every MINISTER is the PROPHETIC WORD received from God to function as PASTOR, TEACHER, EVANGELIST, PROPHET or APOSTLE. Dear Sister, you are the last line of defense to keep the WORD received by your husband, as RIB CAGE to the HEART. It is your duty to BELIEVE, OBEY and PROTECT the WORD committed to your husband. As you may well know, Eve was aware of the WORD committed to Adam, saying to the devil, “… We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, GOD HATH SAID, YE SHALL NOT EAT OF IT, NEITHER SHALL YE TOUCH IT, lest ye die” [Genesis 3:2-3] Regrettably, she betrayed His COMMISSION, opening the door to SIN, AFFLICTIONS and DEATH. WOMAN. In the same manner, how you HANDLE the DIVINE WARRANT of your husband has dire consequences for you and your generations. A godly WOMAN, the wife of a departed PROPHET was once in need and ran to Elisha, saying, “… Thy servant MY HUSBAND IS DEAD; and thou knowest that THY SERVANT DID FEAR THE LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen” [2 Kings 4:1] Though her husband was DEAD, her TESTIMONY of his stewardship resulted in a wonderful miracle for her [2 Kings 4:1-7] Listen, and listen well, do not disrespect your husband’s COMMISSION, so you do not hinder your prayers.
5. Finally, as we all LOOK UP to the appearance of the Lord, who shall “… give every man according AS HIS WORK SHALL BE”, I have laid out your WORK and prayerfully commit you to the SAVING GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ [Revelation 22:12] amen