1. A WOUNDED GENERAL is a tragic liability to the army of God, as the Church contends to win souls and OCCUPY until the return of Jesus Christ [Luke 19:13] The enemy’s strategic battle plan is straight from the book, “SMITE THE SHEPHERD shepherd, and the SHEEP SHALL BE SCATTERED” [Mark 14:27] One GENERAL smitten by the ENEMY is a calamity to the FOLD. GOD’S GENERALS are like angels, flaming torches, and untouchable as long as they are free of SIN [Hebrews 1:7] The enemy fights with FIERY DARTS tipped with SIN to turn WOUNDED GENERAL into “ENEMIES” within the camp. When the first GENERAL, Adam, was wounded by SIN, he lamented his injury, saying: “… I heard thy voice in the garden, and I WAS AFRAID, because I WA NAKED; and I hid myself” [Genesis 3:10] SIN disrobed Adam of the armor of God’s protection. He was demobilized with FEAR and could neither defend himself nor the nascent Church. The enemy took Cain, his first born as trophy for the first skirmish and the rest they say is history. I can tell there are many WOUNDED GENERALS in the Church, hiding putrid sores under robes of ecclesiastical rascality. They cover their WOUNDS with material endowments, but the Bible says: “… Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for THAT WHICH IS HIGHLY ESTEEMED AMONG MEN IS ABOMINATION IN THE SIGHT OF GOD” [Luke 16:1]
2. When Samuel anointed Saul as CAPTAIN over Israel, “GOD GAVE HIM ANOTHER HEART” and “THE SPIRIT OF GOD CAME UPON HIM” to commission him as GOD’S GENERAL [1 Samuel 10:9-10] There are men like SAUL in this generation, to whom the Lord showed mercy, brought out of darkness and appointed as CAPTAINS over His Church. Alas, like Saul, when they had won a few battles fell under the arrow of GREED and peddle the same excuse Saul for their fetid SORES, as it is written: “But THE PEOPLE TOOK OF THE SPOIL, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, TO SACRIFICE UNTO THE LORD thy God in Gilgal” [ Samuel 15:21] As the Lord lives, those who heap up silver and gold in open rebellion to the WORD, under pretext of building the Kingdom of God are FALLEN GENERALS, as it is written: “Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU” [Luke 17:21] The Kingdom of God is SPIRITUAL, not MATERIAL and is not measured in silver and gold. Though Saul concealed his WOUND before the people, he was naked and defenseless before Goliath, as it is written: ‘SAUL and all Israel heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and GREATLY AFRAID” [1 Samuel 17:21] WOUNDED GENERALS are liabilities in the camp and must repent or step down for little DAVIDS to lead the Church to victory.
3. Many WOUNDED GENERALS, fell like Sampson, on the laps of Delilah [Judges 16:13-20] Samson was a GENERAL from the womb, his undoing was SEXUAL SIN. God waited patiently for Samson to retrace his steps and have his WOUND healed, but he would not. One day, Samson awoke from Delilah’s lap and said: “… I will go out as at other times before, and SHAKE MYSELF. And he wist not that THE LORD WAS DEPARTED FROM HIM” [Judges 16:20] There are many GENERALS out there, pierced through with DARTS of SEXUAL IMMORALITY. When they strut and SHAKE themselves across the globe, they reconstruct the tragic comedy of Samson. SEXUAL SIN brought Samson to captivity and his enemies made him a clown, “… And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and HE MADE THEM SPORT” [Judges 16:25] Perhaps you are not a GENERAL and you are not WOUNDED, I caution you to beware of collateral damage from proximity to WOUNDED GENERALS. If you are presently enjoying the COMEDY of a WOUNDED GENERAL, I warn you to get out before he pulls the house down, as Samson did with : “… all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein….” [Judges 16:30] Thus, says the Lord: “… COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and THAT RECEIVE NOT OF HER PLAGUES” [Revelations 18:4]
4. Every GENERAL is commissioned as the VOICE of the Almighty and has no right to PERSONAL OPINION. That is the RULE and the Lord Jesus Christ obeyed, saying: “… whatsoever I speak therefore, even AS THE FATHER SAID UNTO ME, SO I SPEAK” [John 12:50] Regrettably, at the height of his ministry John, the Baptist, was hit and the arrow was tipped with PRIDE OF LIFE. He swerved from being the VOICE in the wilderness, became a PALACE COMMENTATOR and Herod slammed him in prison, “… for Herodias’ sake, his brother Philip’s wife. For JOHN SAID UNTO HIM, IT IS NOT LAWFUL FOR THEE TO HAVE HER” [Matthew 14:3-4] John was a pitiable shadow of himself in prison, the spirit-filled PROPHET and EVANGELIST who bore witness of the “SPIRIT DESCENDING FROM HEAVEN LIKE A DOVE, AND IT ABODE UPON HIM”, was confused and in frustration sent his disciples to Jesus, asking: “… ART THOU HE THAT SHOULD COME? or look we for another?” [Luke 7:19] Brethren, I warn you to stay clear of WOUNDED GENERALS who are blinded and imprisoned in social, economic and political commentary. Beware of Preachers who claim to be the CONSCIENCE of the NATION[S] and no longer the VOICE of God. When they quote copiously from the Old Testament without VERIFICATION in the New Testament, they are determined to “… SPOIL YOU THROUGH PHILOSOPHY and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ” [Colossians 2:8]
5. I am assured John made peace with God and paid with his own blood, but you do not have to pay with your blood [Matthew 14:3-12] Let us search the Scriptures and allow the WORD to purge us of the vomit of WOUNDED GENERALS, that we may stand without spot or wrinkle before the Lord at His appearance. The WOUNDED GENERAL is welcome to repent and be reconciled to God today, through the blood of Jesus Christ. After the TRANSLATION, every WOUNDED GENERAL or PRIVATE desiring to be saved shall pay in his or her own blood, amen.