1. BLESSING is the latest magic word in the Church, and everyone wants to have a piece of the cake. Multitudes run after BLESSING, forgetting THE BLESSING; equating gain with godliness [1 Timothy 6:5] BLESSING is a PRONOUNCEMENT of INTENTION of the BENEFACTOR to TRANSFER OR the actual TRANSFER of VALUE to the RECEIVER. Whereas BLESSING is transaction among men, THE BLESSING is both WORD and ACT of God to TRANSFER His VALUE to man. The Bible says: “And GOD BLESSED THEM, and GOD SAID UNTO THEM, be fruitful, and multiply, and REPLENISH the earth, and SUBDUE IT and HAVE DOMINION … over every living thing that moveth upon the earth” [Genesis 1:28] When “GOD BLESSED THEM”, the BENEFACTOR TRANSFERRED His VALUE to the RECEIVER. When “GOD SAID UNTO THEM…”, He made known His INTENTION and the PURPOSE of THE BLESSING. Henceforth, whatsoever is called a BLESSING but not located in THE BLESSING is neither of God nor of His VALUE. THE BLESSING is not a gift for personal aggrandizement but the ABILITY of God, in man, to fulfil His PURPOSE on earth. THE BLESSING is not the product of cantankerous prayers but the SOVEREIGN WILL of God to work in man “… both to will and to do of his good pleasure” on earth [Philippians 2:13]
2. THE BLESSING came before any man rendered service or worship to God. Therefore, it is not personal REWARD for service rendered to God, but the measure of God’s ABILITY poured into man in every age to accomplish His PURPOSE. God made His PURPOSE known when He said: “… Be FRUITFUL, and MULTIPLY, and REPLENISH THE EARTH, and SUBDUE IT: and HAVE DOMINION over … every living thing that moveth upon the earth” [Genesis 1:28] God’s INTENTION was in two parts; the NATURAL and the SUPERNATURAL. The NATURAL was to REPLENISH the earth with man. The SUPERNATURAL was to SUBDUE and exercise DOMINION. The NATURAL is governed by DIVINE PROVIDENCE of God who “… maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust” [Matthew 5:45] DIVINE PROVIDENCE allocates material resources, to the JUST and UNJUST without bias, to REPLENISH the earth. Regrettably, we have some in the Church who argue and teach others to equate THE BLESSING with DIVINE PROVIDENCE. This should not be so; THE BLESSING is not of this world but of GOD who chose to BLESS us “… with all SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS in heavenly places IN CHRIST” [Ephesians 1:3] THE BLESSING is God making Himself known in Jesus Christ to equip us with His ABILITY to SUBDUE the ENEMY and establish His DOMINION on earth.
3. To SUBDUE means to CONQUER and exercise SOVEREIGNTY over an existing DOMINION. Man, by DIVINE PROVIDENCE has REPLENISHED the earth with more than 7 billion souls, but that is not DOMINION. Those who claim rapid breakthroughs in technology as proof of man’s DOMINION are blinded by the “GOD OF THIS WORLD” to the reality of the invisible army of Satan, demons and fallen angels, as the Bible says: “In whom the GOD OF THIS WORLD hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious GOSPEL OF CHRIST, who is the IMAGE OF GOD, should shine unto them” [2 Corinthians 4:4] The veil that BLINDS the world is SIN, exacerbated by excesses of modern technology which now is able to extinguish all 7 billion souls on earth with one button! THE BLESSING is the VALUE of God born in the form of a man, Jesus Christ, “… that THROUGH DEATH HE MIGHT DESTROY HIM THAT HAD THE POWER OF DEATH, that is, THE DEVIL” [Hebrews 2:14] Jesus Christ indeed destroyed the POWER OF DEATH and SUBDUED the DEVIL when He rose from the dead. He established the DOMINION of God on earth and paved the WAY for us to receive THE BLESSING, through FAITH in His NAME. THE BLESSING is yours if you will accept the glorious GOSPEL of Jesus Christ now preached to you; God was manifest in Jesus Christ, SUBDUED the ENEMY and the DOMINION of God is established on earth.
4. DIVINE PROVIDENCE is generic to man, but THE BLESSING flows from God to chosen individuals to fulfil DIVINE PURPOSE. When God chose Abraham to receive THE BLESSING, He initiated the FINAL MOVES to SUBDUE the earth, saying: “… I WILL BLESS THEE, and make thy name great; and THOU SHALT BE A BLESSING: … and IN THEE SHALL ALL THE FAMILIES OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED” [Genesis 12:2-3] The “FAMILIES OF THE EARTH” are the tribes and nations that did not descend from the loins of Abraham, who through Him and in Jesus Christ received THE BLESSING, as it is written: “That THE BLESSING of Abraham might come on the Gentiles THROUGH JESUS CHRIST; that we might receive the PROMISE OF THE SPIRIT through FAITH” [Galatians 3:14] THE BLESSING is God in Jesus Christ and as many as shall receive Him, “… to them GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME SONS OF GOD, even to them that believe on his name” [John 1:12] The POWER to SUBDUE the earth is Jesus Christ dwelling in you and empowering you to exercise DOMINION as “… HEIRS OF GOD, and JOINT-HEIRS WITH CHRIST … “ [Romans 8:17] Remember, DIVINE PROVIDENCE may give you fame, wealth and build up a military arsenal that can wipe off all men with one button, yet it will not SUBDUE the earth or earn you DOMINION.
5. This world is a battlefield, you either SUBDUE or you are SUBDUED and there is an END, as the Bible says: ”And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world FOR A WITNESS unto all nations; and THEN SHALL THE END COME” [Matthew 24:14] The gospel of Jesus Christ is presently preached in all nations and the END is at hand, when the of SONS OF GOD shall be TRANSLATED to EVERLASTING GLORY and those who failed to SUBDUE the ENEMY shall be cast “… into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels” [Matthew 25:41] If you will receive Jesus Christ today, as your Lord and Saviour, THE BLESSING is yours to SUBDUE the earth and inherit ETERNAL GLORY, amen.