1. Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary and Thesaurus defines PROMISE as “a LEGALLY BINDING DECLARATION that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act”. Before Adam was formed, God made a legally binding PROMISE, saying: “… LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth” [Genesis 1:26] THE PROMISE remains a mystery until we accept who God says He is, as it is written: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD” [John 1:1] THE PROMISE was God’s INTENTION to make man in His IMAGE as and by the WORD; even so, the IMAGE remains a dummy until infused with the LIFE of God. The “LIKENESS” confirms the “IMAGE” is ALIVE and compatible to the LIFE of God, which to us is “… ETERNAL LIFE, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began” [Titus 1:2] THE PROMISE of ETERNAL LIFE is the SOVEREIGN WILL of God to dwell in man “… both to will and to do of his good pleasure” [Philippians 2:13] THE PROMISE is to all men and not by any means restricted to any nationality or franchise of any denomination. It is the INFALLIBLE WILL of God for you to LIVE FOREVER in endless glory.
2. Adam had legitimate right to claim THE PROMISE, but there was an ADVERSARY of who God said: “But of the TREE of the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, THOU SHALT NOT EAT OF IT: for in the day that thou eatest thereof THOU SHALT SURELY DIE” [Genesis 2:17] Adam and Eve were not ignorant of THE PROMISE and looked forward to the harvest of the FRUIT of the TREE OF LIFE in the midst of the Garden. Listen carefully and see how the Serpent deceived them, saying: “… YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and YE SHALL BE AS GODS, knowing good and evil” [Genesis 3:4-5] Judging from her reaction, Eve was aware of the consequences of DEATH and preferred to LIVE FOREVER like “gods”. Satan knew THE PROMISE is really God wrapped up in His WORD, and the only way to get man off course was to make Eve deny the WORD. Eve had GOOD INTENTIONS in wishing to LIVE FOREVER, but she listened to the wrong guy and fell into SIN. THE PROMISE and the WORD are two sides of the same coin and it is not enough for us to serve God and desire ETERNAL LIFE, we must stay true to the WORD. If truly you desire ETERNAL LIFE, I warn you to beware of those who offer ALTERNATIVES to the WORD to sell their brand of Christianity.
3. THE PROMISE was not a personal AGREEMENT with Adam and Eve and could not by Eve or any man’s transgression be voided. Through SIN, THE PROMISE was stalled in Eden but not forfeited and in due season, “… the WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, …” [John 1:14] The WORD made FLESH is Jesus Christ, the brightness of God’s glory, “… and the EXPRESS IMAGE of his PERSON, …” [Hebrews 1:3] Jesus Christ is the WORD, born of a woman and not of any man, but of the Holy Ghost and rightly called the SON of God. In Him is ETERNAL LIFE, as the Bible says: “And this is the record, that God hath given to us ETERNAL LIFE, and this life is in his Son” [1 John 5:11] Whatever we think or believe, God owes you and I only one thing, that is, THE PROMISE, as it is written: “And this is THE PROMISE THAT HE HATH PROMISED US, EVEN ETERNAL LIFE” [1 John 2:25] Any PROMISE or inducement made by any man or religion in the name of God that is not anchored on ETERNAL LIFE is FRAUD. I challenge you to set yourself free of those who seduce you with PROMISES of material gain, “… SUPPOSING THAT GAIN IS GODLINESS: from such withdraw thyself” [1 Timothy 6:5] THE PROMISE of ETERNAL LIFE is a FREE GIFT from God and you do not have to pay anyone a penny, as it is written: “For the wages of sin is death; but the GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord” [Romans 6:23]
4. THE PROMISE was STALLED in Eden because the ADVERSARY was stronger than the RECEIVER, but not anymore. The Bible says: “The first man Adam was made a living soul; the LAST ADAM WAS MADE A QUICKENING SPIRIT” [1 Corinthians 15:45] The LAST ADAM was the WORD denied by Adam and Eve, manifest in a mortal body. If you BELIEVE Jesus Christ is God manifest in FLESH, His SPIRIT dwells in you and will “… QUICKEN YOUR MORTAL BODIES BY HIS SPIRIT that dwelleth in you” [Romans 8:11] The Spirit of Christ in us is the fulfilment of THE PROMISE in our earthly body. So then, we have THE PROMISE in our earthly body, yet not free of the ADVERSARY. Let us “… in an HONEST and GOOD HEART, having HEARD THE WORD, KEEP IT, and bring forth FRUIT WITH PATIENCE” [Luke 8:15] I exhort you to CONTEND, and fiercely too, to KEEP the WORD in an HONEST and GOOD HEART. The Bible says: “But while MEN SLEPT, his ENEMY CAME and SOWED TARES AMONG THE WHEAT, and went his way” [Matthew 13:25] The ENEMY that sowed TARES is Satan and TARES are those in whom the ADVERSARY sowed variations of the LIES he sold to Eve in Eden, The “MEN” that SLEPT is the Church, infiltrated with LIES and overgrown with TARES. If any man has ears let him hear what the SPIRIT is saying to the Church: “EXAMINE YOURSELVES, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” [2 Corinthians 13:5]
5. The Bible says: “And THIS GOSPEL of the kingdom SHALL BE PREACHED IN ALL THE WORLD for a WITNESS UNTO ALL NATIONS; and THEN SHALL THE END COME” [Matthew 24;14] The GOSPEL is “PREACHED IN ALL THE WORLD” and to you as WITNESS of God’s LOVE. The “END” is in sight when THE PROMISE shall lapse and the Lord shall “… say to the reapers, Gather ye together FIRST THE TARES, AND BIND THEM IN BUNDLES TO BURN them: but gather the wheat into my barn” [Matthew 13:30] Remember, the ONLY THING God OWES YOU is THE PROMISE. RECEIVE Jesus Christ today and THE PROMISE is yours, amen