1. God is not ignorant of your PAINS and sent me to you, “Comfort ye, COMFORT YE MY PEOPLE, saith your God” [Isaiah 40:1] The ONE who formed man out of the dust of the earth is very much aware of the TRIALS of your FAITH and has a WORD of COMFORT for you and a plan to deliver you as He did for Lot “And delivered JUST LOT, VEXED WITH THE FILTHY CONVERSATION OF THE WICKED: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in SEEING and HEARING, VEXED HIS RIGHTEOUS SOUL from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)” [2 Peter 2:7-8] Let no man deceive you, present global instability and confusion will not abate, as a result of human or satanic intervention, but the God of COMFORT will COMFORT you and make you a fountain of strength to COMFORT others, as it is written: “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who COMFORTETH US IN ALL OUR TRIBULATION, that we may be able to COMFORT THEM WHICH ARE IN ANY TROUBLE, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God” [2 Corinthians 1:3-4]
2. I am a man like you; I see and feel the pressure of living in a world that counts righteousness as foolishness and kindness as proof of weakness. If you have lost a mouth-watering contract for standing in the TRUTH or abused for being kind, you know what am talking about; “REJOICE, and be exceeding glad: for GREAT IS YOUR REWARD IN HEAVEN: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you” [Matthew 5:12] These are not normal times; a global economic downturn, made worse by political instability, social disorder and a pandemic that refuses to go away stretch our FAITH to breaking point. We are TEMPTED on every side to dump long cherished values to stay afloat, but “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but GOD IS FAITHFUL, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also MAKE A WAY TO ESCAPE, that ye may be able to bear it” [1Corinthians 10:13] The WAY out of present afflictions is the refreshing COMFORT of knowing there is an END to TRIALS and PAINS, “For surely THERE IS AN END; and THINE EXPECTATION SHALL NOT BE CUT OFF” [Proverbs 23:18] The END is not so much the cessation of present distress, but the appearance of Christ when we shall receive the reward of steadfast FAITH, therefore, “… REJOICE, inasmuch as ye are PARTAKERS OF CHRIST’S SUFFERINGS; that, when HIS GLORY SHALL BE REVEALED, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy” [1 Peter 4:13]
3. In recent times the world has shrunk into a global village, no thanks to unprecedented advancement in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. Behind the façade of cutting-edge TECHNOLOGY is the sinister BEAST, “And there was given unto him a MOUTH SPEAKING GREAT THINGS and BLASPHEMIES; … And it was given unto him to MAKE WAR WITH THE SAINTS, and to OVERCOME them: and POWER was given him OVER ALL KINDREDS, and TONGUES, and NATIONS” [Revelation 13:5-7] Listen carefully, the MOUTH of the BEAST is open to all channels of mass communication “SPEAKING BLASPHEMIES, and to MAKE WAR WITH THE SAINTS”. The battlefield is our SOUL which is daily assaulted by what we SEE and HEAR to arouse THOUGHTS and BEHAVIOUR contrary to FAITH [Ephesians 6:16] Brethren, take note of those who tout BLASPHEMY as end-time PROPHECY to add FEAR to your PAINS and draw you away from the blessed assurance of imminent appearance of the Lord. I plead with you to avoid foolish arguments and needless debates that fuel strife and return to the Lord in fervent HOPE of His redemption, “For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; in RETURNING and REST shall ye be SAVED; in QUIETNESS and in CONFIDENCE shall be your STRENGTH: and ye would not” [Isaiah 30:15]
4. Our COMFORT is Jesus Christ, in Him we are COMFORTED, fully assured of a better deal at His appearance, therefore, “LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED: ye believe in God, BELIEVE ALSO IN ME. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU” [John 14:1-2] Listen carefully, and be not deceived, our SALVATION does not preclude PAIN “But REJOICE, inasmuch as ye are PARTAKERS OF CHRIST’S SUFFERINGS; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy” [1 Peter 4:13] Even so, there is no COMFORT in Christ if we SUFFER for walking contrary to His commandments “Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and RECEIVE WITH MEEKNESS the ENGRAFTED WORD, WHICH IS ABLE TO SAVE YOUR SOULS” [James 1:21] The ENGRAFTED WORD is Christ in us ENCOURAGING us to be steadfast in FAITH and HOPE of His appearance, “For the LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS” [1 Thessalonians 4:16-18] COMFORT one another with these words.
5. Accept Jesus Christ today as your Lord and Saviour, amen