- Many people truly desire to know God and worship Him, but are confused by the plethora of gods and religions thrown at them. It is a shame to see multitudes call on God every day, in diverse languages, not knowing who He is. Every culture, down through the ages, celebrates a god or diversity of gods to appease every shade of opinion. The Greeks, in times past, went way ahead of others to raise an altar to THE UNKNOWN GOD. Apostle Paul said: “…I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship…” [Acts 17:23] Among Christians, there is needless confusion about who is God in the TRINITY of FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT. The confusion has degenerated to the grave error of three gods, equal and sharing one throne! One thing is clear, without a clear IDENTITY of God, it is impossible to please or worship Him in any meaningful manner, as it is written: “But without FAITH it is impossible to please him: for HE THAT COMETH TO GOD MUST BELIEVE THAT HE IS, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him” [Hebrews 11:6] Who do you BELIEVE God is? Do you really know who God is? These questions demand your urgent attention.
- God is ETERNAL, INVISIBLE and not subject to scientific, theological, personal and or philosophical explanation. The ONLY LINK between man and God is FAITH in what He says and the ONLY WAY to understand Him is to accept what He says of Himself. The Bible says: “Through FAITH we UNDERSTAND that THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED BY THE WORD OF GOD, so that THINGS WHICH ARE SEEN WERE NOT MADE OF THINGS WHICH DO APPEAR” [Hebrews 11:3] Do you believe the worlds, both material and spiritual, were FRAMED by the SPOKEN WORD? If you do, you just exercised FAITH to hear God SPEAK to you! The more of the SPOKEN WORD you hear and accept, by FAITH, the more He reveals Himself to you. The Bible says: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD” [John 1:1] God is not a FORCE or an OLD MAN sitting on an ancient throne. God is what He says and who He says He is by His WORD. To avoid confusion, God is ETERNAL and has no beginning or end. The phrase, “In the beginning”, is a figure of speech to emphasize the everlasting indissolubility and the WORD and God. The WORD is God and the SPOKEN WORD is His IDENTITY.
- Adam and Eve identified God through the SPOKEN WORD, as it is written: “And THEY HEARD THE VOICE OF THE LORD GOD walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden” [Genesis 3:8] Again, God, “walking in the Garden” was a figure of speech. The SPOKEN WORD was the IDENTITY of God, which when they heard,they were ashamed of their transgression and hid themselves. Abraham heard God several times in dreams and visions and had no problem recognizing the SPOKEN WORD when three strangers came to his tent at Mamre [Genesis 18:1]. The men were in every detail like you and I and even ate in his presence. When they spoke he identified the VOICE of God without further introduction and said: “…Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes” [Genesis 18:27] When the Angel of the Lord appeared to Moses in the burning bush, there was no image or likeness of a man or angel, but the SPOKEN WORD. God indeed appeared in diverse forms to His people and messengers down the ages, blending with the times to make Himself heard. In all cases, the form was the messenger, but the IDENTITY of God was the SPOKEN WORD.
- The SPOKEN WORD came to the Prophets of old in diverse forms, as it also did to John, as the Bible says: “…the WORD OF GOD CAME UNTO JOHN the son of Zacharias in the wilderness” [Luke 3:2] The WORD came and DWELT WITH THEM, but not IN ANY OF THEM. At the appointed time, “…the WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US…” [John 1:14] The CREATOR DWELLING IN FLESH was the MYSTERY that settled the lingering controversy of God’s PERSONAL IDENTITY. God, not willing that any should perish PREPARED Himself a BODY and the SPOKEN WORD DWELT IN ONE MAN, Jesus Christ, as it is written: “Wherefore WHEN HE COMETH INTO THE WORLD, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but A BODY HAST THOU PREPARED ME” [Hebrews 10:5] The IDENTITY of God is PERSONIFIED in Jesus Christ in who “…DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY” [Colossians 2:9] The SPOKEN WORD which at the onset of creation framed the worlds, walked this earth, as proof of God’s PERSONAL IDENTITY and Apostle John confirmed thus: “THAT WHICH WAS FROM THE BEGINNING which we have HEARD which we have SEEN with our eyes, which we have LOOKED upon, and our hands have HANDLED, of the WORD OF LIFE” [1 John1:1] Jesus Christ is the PERSONAL IDENTITY of God and there is no”…SALVATION in any other: for there is NONE OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN given among men, WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED” [Acts 4:12]
- Do not be deceived by any means, God is ONE, NOT A TRINITY and there is no controversy about His manifestation in FLESH, as it is written: “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory” [1 Timothy 3:16] Mundane argument of supremacy between FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST are needless distractions that was answered more than two thousand years ago, when Jesus Christ said to Philip: “…I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? HE THAT HAS SEEN ME HATH SEEN THE FATHER; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?” [John 14:9] Jesus Christ is the PERSONAL IDENTITY of the SPOKEN WORD. In Jesus Christ we have access to God and His wonderful promises of ETERNAL GLORY [Colossians 1:27] Without FAITH and RECONCILIATION with God through His PERSONAL IDENTITY, every work or service done in the name of religion is a nullity. At His Coming, the Lord shall separate the wise and faithful from PRETENDERS who have not His PERSONAL IDENTITY and shall say to such: “…I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity” [Luke 13:27]
- Beloved, these things are true and the coming of the Lord is at hand. I enjoin you, if you already received the SPOKEN WORD made flesh, to keep your garments clean and your heart sealed with the Holy Ghost, in readiness for His Coming. If you are in doubt or in denial, I plead with you to search the Scriptures diligently and receive Jesus Christ today as your Lord and Saviour, amen.