1. REPENTANCE IS A HEART BROKEN BY THE WORD of God, not the tears or pretentious blabber of a thief caught in the act. The Bible says: “Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, REPENTED HIMSELF, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, SAYING, I HAVE SINNED in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that” (Matthew 27:3-4)
2. REPENTANCE is a HEART BROKEN, RENEWED and made compatible with God by His WORD. The Bible says: “The HEART IS DECEITFUL above all things, and DESPERATELY WICKED: who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17:9) The Bible describes the HEART of UNREPENTANT man as DECEITFUL and DESPERATELY WICKED, and rightly so. The HEART, in this context, is not the organ that pumps blood all through the body, but your MIND. God made man a LIVING SOUL, that is, a MIND compatible to IMMORTALITY (Genesis 2:7) When SIN and DEATH came into the world, through Adam and Eve, every SOUL born on earth came in DEAD ON ARRIVAL, that is, shorn of IMMORTALITY. The Bible says: “For ALL HAVE SINNED, and COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD;” (Romans 3:23) To “COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD” means to fall below divine specification of IMMORTALITY. Without doubts, whatever any man has attained in this world or aspire to be is far below what God has in store for him, as it is written: “…Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9) The present world, with all the glitz and glamour of cutting-edge technology is far below what God has in store for us. At the individual level, it is a rather frustrating situation, where every desire to do excel and GOOD, ends in EVIL, as the Bible says: “For the good that I would I do not: but the EVIL WHICH I WOULD NOT, THAT I DO” (Romans 7:19) The essential FLAW in man, that accounts for his inability to meet divine specification of GLORY and EXCELLENCE is the MIND. The HEART of NATURAL MAN, being incompatible with God and incapable of doing His WILL is denied access to His unsearchable GLORY. The dilemma of living to die in a body dominated by a DECEITFUL and DESPERATELY WICKED MIND was resolved in man’s favour over 2,000 years ago when God was MANIFEST in Jesus Christ, with the offer of a NEW MIND. The Bible says: “LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU, WHICH WAS IN CHRIST JESUS: Who, being in the FORM OF GOD, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL WITH GOD” (Philippians 2:5-6) Listen carefully, God was in Jesus Christ to BREAK UP our STONY HEARTS and RECONCILE to Himself, as many as received the MIND of Christ. If any man will receive the NEW HEART, the old must be BROKEN UP in GENUINE REPENTANCE. For avoidance of doubt, the HEART of man is EVIL beyond repair and cannot be mended through rituals of any religion or will power. How is your MIND? Is it BROKEN or solidified in SIN?
3. REPENTANCE is activated by CONFESSION of Jesus Christ. The Bible says: “For WITH GOD THE HEART BELIEVETH unto righteousness; and with the mouth CONFESSION IS MADE UNTO SALVATION” (Romans 10:10) There is CONFESSION to SALVATION, and there is CONFESSION to DEATH! CONFESSION to SALVATION comes by HEARING and FAITH in the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God, MANIFEST in Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:30) As you may well know, there are many “voices” and false christs who sow “CORRUPTIBLE SEED”, whose end is CONFESSION to DEATH. The Bible says: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of INCORRUPTIBLE, BY THE WORD OF GOD, which liveth and abideth for ever” (1 Peter 1:23) The REVELATION of Jesus Christ is the ONE and ONLY INCORRUPTIBLE SEED that germinates to REPENTANCE and everlasting life. If any man PROFESS Jesus Christ, his CONFESSION of SIN is validated or nullified by what and how he BELIEVES of Him. If your PROFESSION of FAITH is premised on Jesus being one of three or more gods jostling for one throne in heaven, you are guilty of idolatry. CONFESSION of SIN made on premises of idolatry is BLASPHEMY. If yours is FAITH in one god, with Jesus Christ as his sidekick or angel, you are wrong and your CONFESSION is unacceptable. Judas, in our focal scripture, CONFESSED his SIN and sought REPENTANCE, saying: “…I HAVE SINNED in that I have betrayed the innocent blood…” (Matthew 27:3-4) Please take note, Judas CONFESSED his SIN, but did not attain REPENTANCE. How come? He erred in referring to Jesus Christ as “INNOCENT BLOOD”, meaning “INNOCENT MAN”, denying the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God, MANIFEST in FLESH. He compounded his error by taking his plea of REPENTANCE to men in priestly robes and not God (Matthew 27:4) Peter, as we know, also betrayed Jesus Christ, but took refuge in the WORD, as it is written: “And PETER REMEMBERED THE WORD of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly” (Matthew 26:75) Recall that Peter earlier received the REVELATION of Jesus and PROFESSED Him as “CHRIST”, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16) By recourse to the WORD, Peter’s PROFESSION of Christ validated his CONFESSION of SIN and he obtained REPENTANCE. It important that ALL MEN who PROFESS Christ as Lord, CONFESS theirs SINS in the REVELATION of God, MANIFEST in Jesus Christ to obtain REPENTANCE. If any man’s PROFESSION of Christ invalidates his CONFESSION of SIN, he has no REPENTANCE and remains a SINNER irrespective of title and length of service in the Lord’s vineyard. When the Lord shall return to receive His BRIDE, He will not brook arguments from those who for one reason or another have their CONFESSION and REPENTANCE invalidated, as the Bible says: “Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I KNOW YE NOT whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity” (Luke 13:26-27)
4. REPENTANCE is a HEART BROKEN by the WORD of God. When a man’s PROFESSION of Christ matches his CONFESSION of SIN, his STONY HEART is ready to be BROKEN by the WORD of God. The entry of the WORD of God BROKE Peter’s HEART and “…he went out, and wept bitterly” (Matthew 26:75) The WORD of God works two ways. ONE, it operates like a “…HAMMER that breaketh the rock in pieces?” (Jeremiah 23:29) JESUS Christ is the WORD made FLESH (John 1:1-12) The preaching and hearing of the undiluted gospel in His NAME BREAKS the stony defences of MALICE, HATRED, ADULTERY, LYING, OCCULTISM, etc., of the HEART. TWO, the WORD is like a surgical knife that cuts deep into the MIND, to EXPOSE and REMOVE the darkest secrets and all hidden SINS, as it is written: “For the WORD OF GOD IS QUICK, POWERFUL AND SHARPER THAN ANY TWOEDGED SWORD, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12) The “BREAKING” and “CUTTING” of the HEART delivers near unbearable pain and facilitate GODLY SORROW to REPENTANCE. The Bible says: “For GODLY SORROW WORKETH REPENTANCE TO SALVATION not to be repented of: but the SORROW OF THE WORLD WORKETH DEATH” (2 Corinthians 7:10) Judas SORROWED after the manner of this world. He REGRETTED his SIN and was REMORSEFUL like a thief caught in the act, but not by any means REPENTANT. His REMORSE was engineered by REGRET and SHAME of realizing he was used by the CHIEF PRIESTS and ELDERS to achieve their own end. Peter SORROWED and WEPT BITTERLY because he “REMEMBERED THE WORD” and allowed the WORD OF TRUTH to BREAK his HEART. He bore the grievous pain of SIN in GODLY SORROW and his MIND was PURGED of SIN. The WORD that Peter REMEMBERED proceeded from the mouth of Jesus Christ and was PRESENT TRUTH. The doctrines of men denominational creed will never deliver REPENTANCE to SALVATION. I bare witness that the Lord feeds His Church in every age with PRESENT TRUTH to CIRCUMCIZE the MINDS of His chosen generation to REPENTANCE and SALVATION. PRESENT TRUTH cuts through the MIND, like hot knife through butter, melting layers of pretences, ungodly ambitions and hidden intents of the HEART. PRESENT TRITH is not the message you hear, jump up and clap, but one that completely dissolves the man in you. I assure you, there is PRESENT TRUTH in these LAST DAYS to CIRCUMCIZE and separate the Elect from mixed multitudes. PRESENT TRUTH is the razor sharp twoedged SWORD of the SPIRIT (Ephesians 6:17) On one side is the REVELATION of Jesus Christ as God, in who “…DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY” (Colossians 2:9) On the other side is the SURE PROMISE of His Coming, as it is written: “And, behold, I COME QUICKLY; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be” (Revelation 22:22) If truly you BELIEVE that God was MANIFEST in Jesus Christ and CONFESSED your SINS to Him, you have REPENTANCE in His NAME and your SINS are FORGIVEN and FORGOTTEN, amen
5. The proof of REPENTANCE is FORGIVENESS, symbolized by a NEW HEART sealed with the HOLY SPIRIT. Whatever a man does or decline, if his SINS are not FORGIVEN, his REPENTANCE is invalid and he remains a SINNER. The Bible says: “But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses” (Matthew 6:15) FORGIVENESS of SIN is the exclusive prerogative of God, subject to the condition that we FORGIVE those who erred against us. FORGIVENESS means you genuinely renounce all intents and rights of retaliation and vengeance to all evil done to you. In other words, FORGIVENESS is “…PEACE with all men, and HOLINESS, without which no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14) I must however caution you that PEACE with all men is not the same as retaining or returning to affiliations and relationships that engender SIN. Are you struggling with FORGIVENESS? I assure you, counselling and willpower will not do it. Only a BROKEN HEART, surgically treated with PRESENT TRUTH is capable of FORGIVING all trespasses. When you FORGIVE all, you activate God’s FORGIVENESS and your SINS are blotted out by the BLOOD of Jesus Christ. Then, and only then are you are truly BORN AGAIN and without SIN before God. The Bible says: “We know that WHOSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD SINNETH NOT; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not” (1 John 5:18) To help you remain without SIN and unblemished, God made provision for those that TRUST in Him to be SEALED with the HOLY SPIRIT, as it is written: “IN WHOM YE ALSO TRUSTED, after that ye heard the WORD OF TRUTH, the GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were SEALED WITH THAT HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE” (Ephesians 1:13) The HOLY SPIRIT in you is the assurance that your REPENTANCE will not be in vain. The HOLY SPIRIT Christ dwelling in you shall keep you without SPOT or WRINKLE till the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to receive His BRIDE, amen (Ephesians 5:27)
6. Finally, REPENTANCE is the KEY to ETERNITY. Beloved, I admonish you to examine yourself in the LIGHT of PRESENT TRUTH. Are you a living testimony of REPENTANCE, with evidence of FORGIVENESS? Do you harbour HATRED and find it hard to FORGIVE ALL? Is your HEART BROKEN? I exhort you to REPENT in the LIGHT of PRESENT TRUTH and be SEALED, without SPOT or WRINKLE till the coming of the Lord, amen.