1. PREPARE TO MEET THE LORD today, as you must one day meet Him, either in this body or in the grave. The Bible says: “And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut” Matthew 25:10
2. This parable is a prophetic insight into what happens when Jesus Christ shall appear in clouds of glory to take His Bride home. The Bridegroom is Jesus Christ and we are in the season of His Coming, when He shall come to receive His faithful servants. Alas, not everyone that wears a collar, carries a Bible or attends Church on Sunday shall be translated to glory when the Lord descends with His angels.
3. Virtually everyone has heard of RAPTURE and uncountable multitudes desire to be translated at His appearance. But the parable made it clear that only those that were READY went in. In the parable, there were two classes of people who presented themselves for translation; wise virgins and foolish virgins (Matthew 25:1-10)
4. The word, VIRGIN, infers that both wise and foolish were “clean”, and of the stock now called “Christians”. That is, as far as human eyes could see. But then, wisdom and foolishness are outside the purview of man’s eyes. When it mattered most, God who sees what the Pastor or Bishop cannot see, shut out foolish virgins.
5. Simply put, WISDOM is the application of Divine Truth in the fear of God. Wise virgins are those who receive the gospel of Jesus Christ and message of His Coming in the fear of God and went further to put all distractions aside to make themselves ready, if He comes now. Foolish virgins hear the same message, desire to be “raptured” but allow themselves to be tied up with worries and distractions of this world.
6. Wise virgins had all their preparations done and were at the door, waiting, when the Lord came. Foolish were neither ready nor at the door, but out somewhere to tie up some loose ends. The Lord came, wise virgins went in and the door was shut. Beloved, are you ready and at the door if the Lord comes today?
7. I warn those who will hear; time is far spent. The Lord Jesus Christ shall appear anytime soon and it will all happen so fast, in the twinkling of an eye. I invite you with the gospel of Christ to be translated to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Your readiness is your Boarding Pass. Brethren, renew your Boarding Pass today. I invite you, though you have no Boarding Pass. Receive yours today when you repent of your sins, accept Jesus Christ into your heart and make yourself ready to meet the Lord, amen.