REMOVE THE VEIL
1. Many people struggle and wrestle with the Bible. They have issues understanding and accepting Bible TRUTH, because they read Holy Scriptures like common literature. If you cherry-pick what to believe and throw others overboard, you will never come to terms with the WORD of God. The simple reason you wrestle with Scripture is your NATURE; you are a NATURAL MAN and the Bible was dictated by the Holy Spirit. You are like a barely literate child trying to read the thesis of Albert Einstein on Relativity Theory. The Bible is more than literature. It is God revealed in the WORD, as it is written: “the WORD WAS WITH GOD, and the WORD WAS GOD … And the WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, … [John 1:1 and14]
2. FOOLISH QUESTIONS expose imperfections of human intellect. The brain is designed to receive and program information from our NATURAL SENSES, and FOOLISH QUESTIONS arise when we apply head and not heart to the WORD of God. Some of the worst offenders are the best brains the world, but the WISDOM of this world is FOOLISHNESS, because: “… GOD MADE FOOLISH THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD” [1Corinthians 1:20] RELIGION cannot decode the WORD of God and many years of service in a religious organization cannot exorcise a man of the demons of FOOLISH QUESTIONS. Let us therefore, “… AVOID FOOLISH QUESTIONS, … for THEY ARE UNPROFITABLE AND VAIN” [Titus 3:9]
3. The Ethiopian eunuch embarked on the hazardous pilgrimage to Jerusalem, as proof of religious piety. On his way home, he read the Scriptures but was as far away from TRUTH as when he embarked on the journey. He was at his wit’s end when Phillip came to his rescue, and said: “…Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said, HOW CAN I, EXCEPT SOME MAN SHOULD GUIDE ME? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him” [Acts 8:3031] This man loved God, but his MIND WAS BLIND TO THE MYSTERIES of God.
4. The WORD of God is a MYSTERY until it is DECODED and REVEALED. A man may read the Bible every day, yet struggle to please God. The Jews read the Torah religiously but did not please God because His WORD was received without REVELATION and their hearts blinded by rebellion to God, as it is written: “But their minds were blinded: for UNTIL THIS DAY REMAINETH THE SAME VEIL UNTAKEN AWAY IN THE READING OF THE OLD TESTAMENT; WHICH VAIL IS DONE AWAY IN CHRIST” [2 Corinthians 3:14] Those who read the Bible outside the PROPHETIC REVELATION of in Jesus Christ do so as NATURAL MAN and end up resisting the WILL of God, because “… NATURAL MAN receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for THEY ARE FOOLISHNESS UNTO HIM: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” [1 Corinthians 2:14]
5. Jesus Christ is the REVELATION of God, as the Bible says: “Who being the brightness of his glory, and THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, … and in who “… DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY” [Hebrews 1:3 & Colossians 2:9] Jesus Christ is the WORD made FLESH and without Him no man can know God or understand Him [John1:14] Thus says the Lord Jesus Christ: “All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and WHO THE FATHER IS, BUT THE SON, AND HE TO WHOM THE SON WILL REVEAL HIM” [Luke 10:22]
6. Friend, the RELIGION you cherish so much could be the VEIL in your eyes! Your carefree life or even the Church you attend could be the VEIL. To BREAK OUT of the VEIL, I challenge you to come to Jesus Christ, believing He is God manifest in FLESH to save us from our SINS, and it shall be given; “…unto you to know the MYSTERIES of the kingdom of heaven,…” [Matthew 13:11] If you will accept Jesus Christ today as your Lord and Saviour, the SCRIPTURES you struggled to unravel in times past shall be your DAILY BREAD, amen