REMOVE THE VEIL
1. Many people struggle and wrestle with the Bible. They have issues understanding and accepting Bible TRUTH, because they read Holy Scriptures like common literature. If you cherry-pick what to believe and throw others overboard, you will never come to terms with the WORD of God. The simple reason you wrestle with Scripture is your nature; you are a natural man and the Bible was dictated by the Holy Ghost. You are like a barely literate child reading the thesis of Albert Einstein on relativity theory. The Bible is more than literature. It is God revealed in the Word, as it is written: “the Word was with God, and the Word was God…And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,… [John 1:1 and14]
2. FOOLISH QUESTIONS expose imperfection of human intellect. The brain is designed to receive and program information from our natural senses, and there shall be disputes as long as men apply head and not heart to the word of God. Some of the worst offenders are the best brains the world, but WISDOM of this world is FOOLISHNESS, because: “…God made foolish the wisdom of this world” [1Corinthians 1:20] RELIGION cannot decode the WORD of God and many years of service in a religious organization cannot exorcise a man from asking foolish questions, as it is written: “But AVOID FOOLISH QUESTIONS, and genealogies, and contentions,
and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain” [Titus 3:9]
3. The Ethiopian eunuch embarked on the hazardous pilgrimage to Jerusalem, as proof of religious piety. On his way home, he read the Scriptures but was as far away from TRUTH as when he embarked on the journey. He was at his wit’s end when Phillip came to his rescue, and said: “…Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him” [Acts 8:3031] This man loved God but his MIND WAS BLIND TO THE MYSTERIES of God.
4. The WORD of God is MYSTERY until it is DECODED and REVEALED by His SPIRIT. Israel received the ORACLES of God but struggled to please God because they handled His WORD bereft of REVELATION and their hearts blinded by rebellion to God, as it is written: “But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.” [2 Corinthians 3:14] Those who read the Bible outside REVELATION established in Jesus Christ do so as NATURAL MAN and will always resist the things of God, because “… NATURAL MAN receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for THEY ARE FOOLISHNESS UNTO HIM: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” [1 Corinthians 2:14]
5. Jesus Christ is the REVELATION of God, as the Bible says: “Who being the brightness of his glory, and THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high” [Hebrews 1:3] He is the WORD made FLESH [John1:14] Without Him no man can know God or understand Him. Thus says the Lord: “All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him” [Luke 10:22]
6. Friend, REMOVE THE VEIL. The RELIGION you cherish so much could be the VEIL in your eyes! Your carefree life or even the church you attend could be the VEIL. To BREAK OUT of the VEIL, I challenge you to rea, and it shall be given; “…unto you to know the MYSTERIES of the kingdom of heaven,…” [Matthew 13:11] Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and the SCRIPTURES you struggled to unravel in times past shall be your DAILY BREAD. Call upon Him now and He will arise to your rescue, amen