An exposition of prophetic Truth, for end time Saints, as the world runs out of time.
BY WHAT AUTHORITY?
“And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?” [Matthew 21:23]
1. Authority is the sovereign will of God.
The sovereign will of God is the power that holds all creation in perpetual equilibrium. The will of God is the immutable Word of God, which is Jesus Christ; “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power…” [Hebrews 1:3] Jesus Christ is the manifestation of supreme authority; “For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily” [Colossians 2:9] The evident expression of Christ’s authority is absolute power in all material and spiritual realms, as the Bible says: “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth” [Matthew 28:18] All power resides in Christ and His Kingdom to save and grant everlasting life to those who believe the gospel preached in His name. Satan and his agents are powerless against those who are saved by the will and authority of Jesus Christ, who has: “…raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places…” [Ephesians 2:6] We are raised to everlasting life by the authority of Christ, to reign in His Kingdom free from sin, fear, worry and death. Your incessant fears and worries are proof that you are outside the Kingdom of God and in bondage to sin and death. Ask yourself; by what authority I am living my life? If in doubt, come to Jesus Christ today; the authority in His name will set you free.
2. Authority is legitimate power.
The seal of Christ’s Kingdom on earth is legitimate and infinite power. The power of the Kingdom works within to purge and mold us in the image of Christ and without to preach the mind of God with miracles, signs and wonders according to His purpose. A policeman wears the uniform “without” and speaks from “within”, for the state as proof of delegated authority. If any man claims to work for God let him show proof of the seal of His authority, within and without. When you are in church, do not be carried away by sugar-coated sermons but search the scriptures for the authority of the preacher. When a pastor or bishop is ordained, let him ask himself; by what authority am I inducted to this ministry? Before you fall into the webs of false prophets and sorcerers; “…try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world” [1 John 4:1] The Jews asked Jesus, “by what authority doest thou these thing” but in bad faith, to discredit Him. Wherever you find yourself, ask in good faith; by what authority are we doing the things we do? Remember, your now and eternity are at stake. It is your duty to know the authority by which your pastor or bishop operate. Do so, earnestly seeking the face of God in prayer and fasting.
3. Authority is not in Satan.
Simon was a false preacher and sorcerer to whom the people of Samaria; “…gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God. And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries” [Acts 8:10-11] This man bewitched huge congregations through sorceries, telling them he was “the great power of God”. When he saw the apostles demonstrate the power of God, he proposed to buy them off, as it is written: “And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost” [Acts 8:18-19] Beloved, prove the hands laid on you and the oil poured on your head. One thing is sure there is no salvation under clouds of satanic indoctrination. Run for your life from satanic agents in priestly robes who trade miracles for gain. They deceive with lying wonder but are; “…destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself” [1 Timothy 6:5] Those who boast of power without the authority of Present Truth are sorcerers. Before you are bewitched by another Simon in your quest for a miracle, take a breath and ask yourself; by what authority?
4. Authority is not tied to spiritual gifts.
Spiritual gifts are heavenly resources for earthly ministry and not proof of commission or divine authority. Prophet Isaiah had the gift of prophecy. He prophesied from chapter 1 to chapter 5 of his book. In chapter 6, he was commissioned and received the seal of authority as it is written: “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not…” [Isaiah 6:8-9] Over the ages, denominations and parishes have sprung up nurtured by spiritual gifts without Christ’s seal of authority. Spiritual gifts attract multitudes but lack the authority to raise men in the image and likeness of Christ. Balaam had the gift of prophecy but his doctrine taught; “…Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication” [Revelation 2:14] Those who lead the flock with gifts without commission are not purged from within and prone to sundry fleshly weakness. They are; “…blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch” [Matthew 15:14] Before you jump at the next word of knowledge or prophecy, ask yourself; by what authority?
5. Authority is the seal of divine approval.
We are in last days; “…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” [Philippians 2:12] Remember, the authority of God is His Word which was made flesh in Jesus Christ. The prophetic revelation of Jesus Christ is the seal of authority that separate wheat from chaff in all generations. The generation of Jesus was sealed by the revelation of Christ the Son of God, as it is written: “And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” [Matthew 3:17] Those who believed the voice of heaven were stamped, saved and sealed to everlasting life. This generation shall be separated to life or perdition by Present Truth of Christ’s revelation. Now, the Spirit says expressly that we are in the last days, the prophetic clock is at midnight hour and the appearance of the Lord is imminent. This is Present Truth; those who believe and prepare to receive Christ shall be translated to be with Him forever. If any man claims to speak in the name of the Lord, let him speak Present Truth, as it is written: “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” [Isaiah 8:20]
1. Many people struggle and wrestle with the Bible. They have issues understanding and accepting Bible TRUTH, because they read Holy Scriptures like common literature. If you cherry-pick what to believe and throw others overboard, you will never come to terms with the WORD of God. The simple reason you wrestle with Scripture is your NATURE; you are a NATURAL MAN and the Bible was dictated by the Holy Spirit. You are like a barely literate child trying to read the thesis of Albert Einstein on Relativity Theory. The Bible is more than literature. It is God revealed in the WORD, as it is written: “the WORD WAS WITH GOD, and the WORD WAS GOD … And the WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, … [John 1:1 and14]
2. FOOLISH QUESTIONS expose imperfections of human intellect. The brain is designed to receive and program information from our NATURAL SENSES, but FOOLISH QUESTIONS arise when we apply head and not heart to the WORD of God. Some of the worst offenders are the best brains the world, but the WISDOM of this world is FOOLISHNESS, because: “… GOD MADE FOOLISH THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD” [1Corinthians 1:20] RELIGION cannot decode the WORD of God and many years of service in a religious organization cannot exorcise a man of the demons of FOOLISH QUESTIONS. Let us therefore, “… AVOID FOOLISH QUESTIONS, … for THEY ARE UNPROFITABLE AND VAIN” [Titus 3:9]
3. The Ethiopian eunuch embarked on the hazardous pilgrimage to Jerusalem, as proof of religious piety. On his way home, he read the Scriptures but was as far away from TRUTH as when he embarked on the journey. He was at his wit’s end when Phillip came to his rescue, and said: “…Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said, HOW CAN I, EXCEPT SOME MAN SHOULD GUIDE ME? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him” [Acts 8:3031] This man loved God, but his MIND WAS BLIND TO THE MYSTERIES of God.
4. The WORD of God is a MYSTERY until it is DECODED and REVEALED. A man may read the Bible every day, yet struggle to please God. The Jews read the Torah religiously but did not please God because His WORD was received without REVELATION and their hearts blinded by rebellion to God, as it is written: “But their minds were blinded: for UNTIL THIS DAY REMAINETH THE SAME VEIL UNTAKEN AWAY IN THE READING OF THE OLD TESTAMENT; WHICH VAIL IS DONE AWAY IN CHRIST” [2 Corinthians 3:14] Those who read the Bible outside the PROPHETIC REVELATION of in Jesus Christ do so as NATURAL MAN and end up resisting the WILL of God, because “… NATURAL MAN receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for THEY ARE FOOLISHNESS UNTO HIM: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” [1 Corinthians 2:14]
5. Jesus Christ is the REVELATION of God, as the Bible says: “Who being the brightness of his glory, and THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, … and in who “… DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY” [Hebrews 1:3 & Colossians 2:9] Jesus Christ is the WORD made FLESH and without Him no man can know God or understand Him [John1:14] Thus says the Lord Jesus Christ: “All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and WHO THE FATHER IS, BUT THE SON, AND HE TO WHOM THE SON WILL REVEAL HIM” [Luke 10:22]
6. Friend, the RELIGION you cherish so much could be the VEIL in your eyes! Your carefree life or even the Church you attend could be the VEIL. To BREAK OUT of the VEIL, I challenge you to come to Jesus Christ, believing He is God manifest in FLESH to save us from our SINS, and it shall be given; “…unto you to know the MYSTERIES of the kingdom of heaven,…” [Matthew 13:11] If you will accept Jesus Christ today as your Lord and Saviour, the SCRIPTURES you struggled to unravel in times past shall be your DAILY BREAD, amen
Thanks for joining me!
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton