1. The GOSPEL preached in the name of Jesus Christ is the POWER of God to JUSTIFY, REDEEM and establish you in EVERLASTING LIFE “For ALL HAVE SINNED, and come short of the glory of God; Being JUSTIFIED FREELY by his GRACE through the REDEMPTION that is in Christ Jesus” [Romans 3:23-24] SALVATION is FREE, and many people do want to be free of SIN and RECONCILE with God but are disillusioned by religious HYPOCRISY, as it is written: “… HYPOCRITES! for ye SHUT UP the KINGDOM of heaven against men: for YE NEITHER GO IN yourselves, NEITHER SUFFER YE THEM THAT ARE ENTERING TO GO IN” [Matthew 23:13] Jesus Christ is the DOOR of ETERNAL LIFE; you will be disappointed if your eyes are on any man or religious organization, “I AM THE DOOR”, says the Lord, “… BY ME IF ANY MAN ENTER IN, HE SHALL BE SAVED, and shall go in and out, and find pasture” [John 10:9] The offer of SALVATION is PERSONAL, Jesus said “ANY MAN”; the vilest SINNER is welcome to SALVATION preached in His name. SALVATION is primarily between you and Jesus Christ, and the ball is in your court to “… WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION with fear and trembling. For it is GOD which WORKETH IN YOU both to will and to do of his good pleasure” [Philippians 2:12-13]
2. SALVATION is of GRACE, it cannot be bought or sold “For by GRACE are ye saved through FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT OF GOD” [Ephesians 2:8] All men are born subject to SIN, and none by contemplation may deliver himself. In due season God showed up in Jesus Christ, “Herein is LOVE, not that we loved God, but that HE LOVED US, and sent his SON to be the PROPITIATION FOR OUR SINS” [1 John 4:10] SALVATION is the finished work of God’s LOVE; the MYSTERY of God manifest in Jesus Christ to DIE on the Cross in fulfilment of our DEBT of SIN, “And without controversy great is the MYSTERY OF GODLINESS: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, … ” [1 John 3:16] GRACE is God’s LOVE revealed in the finished work of Christ, “For God so LOVED the world, that HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that WHOMSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE” [John 3:16] If we BELIEVE, not doubting, that God was in Jesus Christ to RECONCILE the world to Himself, GRACE is released for FAITH to, “… come boldly unto the THRONE OF GRACE, that we may OBTAIN MERCY, and FIND GRACE TO HELP in time of need” [Hebrews 4:16] “THRONE OF GRACE” is the Cross, SEAT of MERCY, where “To wit, GOD WAS IN CHRIST RECONCILING the WORLD unto HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation” [2 Corinthians 5:19]
3. Proof of FAITH in Christ is REPENTANCE; if any man claims to have SALVATION but continues in SIN, he is a liar “… SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN, that GRACE MAY ABOUND? God forbid. How shall we, that are DEAD TO SIN, live any longer therein?” [Romans 6:1-2] REPENTANCE is not REMORSE; REMORSE is a mental reaction to guilt, REPENTANCE is heart-rending SORROW occasioned by the WORD of God, “… PIERCING even to the DIVIDING ASUNDER OF SOUL and SPIRIT, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart“ [Acts 4:12] REPENTANCE is not without PAIN, as the WORD of TRUTH repudiates who you were and ever wanted to be, “For GODLY SORROW WORKETH REPENTANCE TO SALVATION not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death” [2 Corinthians 7:10] The more of the WORD you BELIEVE, the more the SOUL is degraded in readiness to be CONVERTED in the likeness of Christ, by the Holy Ghost. Friend, it is not enough to REPENT, you must be CONVERTED in the image of Christ, and “… EXCEPT YE BE CONVERTED, and become as little children, YE SHALL NOT ENTER into the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN” [Matthew 18:3] We are CONVERTED by the Holy Ghost, the SPIRIT of Christ, that we may be established in him and CONFORM to Him, “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be CONFORMED to the IMAGE OF HIS SON, that he might be the FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BRETHREN” [Romans 8:29]
4. SALVATION is not a SCAM or religious franchise, it is the PROMISE of God to all men, “In HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE, which God, that cannot lie, PROMISED BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN” [Titus 1:2] It has nothing to do with the lifestyle of a Pastor or shenanigans of religious charlatans; It is about your ETERNAL RELEVANCE, “REPENT ye therefore, and be CONVERTED, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of REFRESHING shall come from the presence of the Lord” [Acts 3:19] All you need God has provided, His GRACE is available if you will BELIEVE the GOSPEL, REPENT and be CONVERTED by the Holy Ghost, as it is written: “… REPENT, and be BAPRIZED every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall RECEIVE the GIFT of the HOLY GHOST” [Acts 2:38] Are you BORN AGAIN and established in the Holy Ghost? Refuse to be discouraged by vicissitudes of the present world, the season of REFRESHING is so close “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM; for we shall see him as he” [I John 3:2] Friend, that day is imminent, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION, amen
1. When Jesus said to His disciples, “… beware of the LEAVEN of the PHARISEES and of the SADDUCESS”, He chose His words carefully [Matthew 16:6] LEAVEN is FERMENTED, SOUR DOUGH, left over from previous baking. It was apt description of popular religious superstructures of His day; a rotten compost of HYPOCRISY blended with tradition and expired commandments, as it is written: “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are WITHIN FULL OF DEAD MEN’S BONES, and of all uncleanness” [Matthew 23:27] We cannot be humbler than Christ; if the Lord came out strongly against the LEAVEN of His day, it is the sacred duty of Preachers to expose and cry out against religious HYPOCRISY. More than ever before, let Preachers expose and cry out against altars of HYPOCRISY to deliver captives of the mighty from bondage to FALSEHOOD, as it is written: “… COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues” [Revelation 18:4] Beloved, your SALVATION is tied to what you HEAR; refuse the LEAVEN OF HYPOCRISY, “And ye shall know the TRUTH, and the TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE” [John 8:32]
2. Another word for HYPOCRITE is PHARISEE; one who feigns to be what he is not. PHARISEES were the public face of RELIGION but knew God not, “The PHARISEES also with the Sadducees came, and TEMPTING desired him that he would SHEW THEM A SIGN from heaven” [Matthew 16:1] PHARISEES requested a SIGN because they did not BELIEVE God was manifest in Jesus “And without controversy great is the MYSTERY of godliness: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, …” [1 Timothy 3:16] They spoke as oracles of God, but rejected His IDENTITY and by so doing denied His POWER to SAVE them, “Having a FORM OF GODLINESS, but DENYING THE POWER thereof: FROM SUCH TURN AWAY” [2 Timothy 3:5] PHARISEES of today are smarter, they call upon the NAME of Jesus but profess canticles of three PERSONALITIES masquerading as one God, as stated in the NICENE CREED; “We BELIEVE in the HOLY SPIRIT, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. WITH the FATHER and the SON he is WORSHIPPED and glorified” [capitals mine] Be not deceived, we do not WORSHIP FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST, that is idolatry. We WORSHIP ONE God, who at different times made Himself known as FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST, “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is ONE LORD” [Deuteronomy 6:4] There is only ONE God; the same was manifest in Jesus Christ and now dwells in us [1 Corinthians 3:16]
3. When Jesus warned His disciples to stay clear of “… LEAVEN of the PHARISEES, and of the LEAVEN of HEROD”, He exposed the duplicity of those who deny the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God in Jesus Christ [Mark 8:15] Such men, having fallen short of the RIGHTEOUSNESS that comes from FAITH in Jesus Christ, struggle with self-righteousness [Romans 10:3] Compare those who extort money from you with promises of God’s favour, with Christ who gave His LIFE for you, “For they BIND HEAVY BURDENS and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they THEMSELVES WILL NOT MOVE THEM with one of their fingers” [Matthew 23:4] It is in your power to choose Jesus Christ as your role model, and “LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS” in the LIBERTY of the SON of God, “Who his own self BARE OUR SINS in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS: … ” [1 Peter 2:24] If you choose ignorance above wisdom, those who enslaved you in bondage to “HEAVY BURDENS” will also entangle you in the LEAVEN OF HEROD. Look around, it is the season of HERODIANS, and PROPHECY is fulfilled as foremost religious figures shed the toga of PHARISEE, to bridge the gap between CHURCH and STATE, “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a FALLING AWAY first, and that MAN OF SIN BE REVEALED, the son of perdition” [2 Thessalonians 2:3] Be vigilant, when you see HERODIANS hobnobbing with the STATE, the MAN OF SIN is round the corner, “… LOOK UP, and lift up your heads; for YOUR REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH” [Luke 21:28]
4. LEAVEN OF HYPOCRISY is as a seed buried in the ground and brings forth, “For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the BLADE, then the EAR, after that the full CORN in the ear” [Mark 4:28] The LEAVEN sprung up in PHARISEES, matured in HERODIANS and ready for HARVEST in SADDUCEES, the “FULL CORN IN THE EAR”, “For the SADDUCEES SAY, that THERE IS NO RESURRECTION, NEITHER ANGEL, NOR SPIRIT: but the Pharisees confess both” [Acts 23:8] PHARISEES believed in some truth, RESURRECTION, ANGELS and SPIRIT, but SADDUCEES would have none of that; a superstructure of religion devoid of godliness. HERODIANS are here and SADDUCEES are fast on their heels with mandate of UNIVERSAL RELIGION that excludes Christ, to accommodate all religious BELIEFS. Take note, SADDUCEES signify HARVEST of FALSEHOOD, when the Lord shall say to His angels, “… Gather ye together first the tares, and BIND THEM IN BUNDLES TO BURN them: but GATHER THE WHEAT into my barn” [Matthew 13:30] SADDUCEES shall come with the full force of government sanctions in a futile quest for global PEACE, but there shall be no peace, “For when they shall say, PEACE and SAFETY; then SUDDEN DESTRUCTION COMETH upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape” [1 Thessalonians 5:3] Beloved, the appearance of the Lord is so close, ensure you are purged of the LEAVEN OF HYPOCRISY that you may be caught up with Him [1 Corinthians 5:6-7]
5. Accept the ONE true God, Jesus Christ, as your Lord and Saviour amen
The FIRST END is the FULFILMENT of the TIMES of the GENTILE Church, which began in 1948, when Israel captured Jerusalem and PROPHECY was fulfilled, “… and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the TIMES OF THE GENTILES BE FULFILLED” Luke 21:24] Ever since, the whole earth groan in sorrows like a woman caught in the pains of parturition, “And not only they, but ourselves also, ... (Romans 8:23) ...
1. GRACE is the “FULNESS” of God manifest in Jesus Christ, “And of HIS FULNESS have all we received, and GRACE FOR GRACE. For the law was given by Moses, but GRACE and TRUTH CAME BY JESUS CHRIST” [John 1:15-17] It is the ability of God in us; to RECONCILE man to Himself and WORK in us to accomplish His PURPOSE, “For it is God which WORKETH IN YOU both to WILL and to DO of his good pleasure” [Philippians 2:13] GRACE is “WORKING CAPITAL”; the TALENT which the MASTER apportioned to His SERVANTS, as it is written: “And unto one he gave FIVE TALENTS, to another TWO, and to another ONE; to EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS SEVERAL ABILITY; and straightway took HIS JOURNEY” [Matthew 25:15] Jesus Christ is the MASTER and we are STEWARDS OF GRACE, who received SALVATION in His name. GRACE is not earned, inherited or the franchise of any man, nay an organization; it is the GIFT of God, “Wherefore he saith, When he ASCENDED up on high, he led captivity captive, and GAVE GIFTS UNTO MEN” [Ephesians 4:8] If any man is in Christ, he is a STEWARD OF GRACE and shall give account at His Coming “Moreover it is required in STEWARDS, that a man be found FAITHFUL” [1 Corinthians 4:2]
2. Whatsoever we are or claim to be is of GRACE, “For who maketh thee to differ from another? and WHAT HAST THOU THAT THOU DIDST NOT RECEIVE? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?” [1 Corinthians 4:7] In the Parable, one STEWARD got “FIVE TALENTS”, another “TWO TALENTS” and “ONE TALENT”. The “NUMBERS” did not make one SERVANT superior to the other. We received of “HIS GOODS”, a measure of God, according to divine providence and no measure of HIM is inferior to another, “For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them HIS GOODS. And unto one he gave FIVE TALENTS, to another TWO, and to another ONE; to every man ACCORDING TO HIS SEVERAL ABILITY; and straightway took his journey” [Matthew 25:14-15] Your TALENT is the basket of heavenly resources committed to your care to accomplish DIVINE PURPOSE; it is not a REWARD of service to God, lest any man should boast, but an ASSET freely given in expectation of Kingdom PROFIT, “For unto WHOMSOEVER MUCH IS GIVEN, OF HIM SHALL BE MUCH REQUIRED: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more” [Luke 12:48] Beloved, God will not give you a net and expect you to harvest onions. If He gave you a net, he expects you to catch fish, “For it is God which WORKETH IN YOU both TO WILL and to DO of his good pleasure” [Philippians 2:13]
3. We are STEWARDS OF GRACE received from ABOVE, not of men, and should bring forth FRUIT fit for the Kingdom of Heaven, “If ye then be risen with Christ, SEEK THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE ABOVE, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God” [Colossians 3:1] The faithful STEWARD is not one who built Cathedrals all over the world but one that TRADES His TALENT to WIN and RAISE men endowed with TALENTS into the Kingdom of God, as it is written: “Then he that had received the FIVE TALENTS went and TRADED with the same, and MADE OTHER FIVE TALENTS. And likewise he that had RECEIVED TWO, HE ALSO GAINED OTHER TWO” [Matthew 25:16-17] The SERVANT who got FIVE TALENTS raised FIVE others established in GRACE, likewise the man who got TWO TALENTS, but he that got ONE TALENT buried it in the earth [Matthew 25:18] Listen to him, “… I knew thee that thou art an hard man, REAPING WHERE THOU HAST NOT SOWN, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was AFRAID, and went and HID THY TALENT in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine” [Matthew 25:24-25] He knew what His MASTER required of him but accounted the GRACE of God to his own enterprise and SOWED His TALENT in worldly activities for earthly GAIN. He was AFRAID of his MASTER’S RETURN, but did not amend his way; his SOUL was irretrievably mortgaged to the affairs of this world, “… destitute of the truth, SUPPOSING THAT GAIN IS GODLINESS: from such withdraw thyself” [1 Timothy 6:5]
4. Every STEWARD labours in anticipation of REWARD and so do we, watching earnestly for the appearance of the Lord. We look forward to a REWARD beyond the present world, as it is written: “And, behold, I COME QUICKLY; and MY REWARD IS WITH ME, to give every man ACCORDING AS HIS WORK shall be” [Revelation 22:12] LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU, whatever we have or have not in this world is not the REWARD of GRACE, but TALENT to do the WORK of GRACE. The WORK of GRACE is SALVATION of SOULS. I therefore charge every STEWARD to be FAITHFUL, dutifully working with what we have received as the DAY approaches when He shall appear, When He RETURNS, the Lord will not take census of our parishes or consider our bank status but shall examine how we TRADED His TALENTS and what we GAINED of TREASURES of ETERNAL RELEVANCE, and unto “… EVERY ONE THAT HATH SHALL BE GIVEN, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And CAST YE THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT INTO OUTER DARKNESS: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth” [Matthew 25:29-30] Beloved, the appearance of the Lord is certain and imminent, what do you HAVE; the riches of this world or TREASURES of EVERLASTING LIFE?
5. If any man has not Christ, he has no TALENT TO TRADE. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and receive your TALENT, amen
Those who WEEP when they should REJOICE, and vice versa are IGNORANT and of such were the “DAUGHTERS OF JERUSALEM”, “But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but WEEP FOR YOURSELVES, and for your children” [Luke 23:28] ...
The mystery of creation in SIX DAYS is heightened by the riddle of a SEVENTH DAY of REST, “And on the SEVENTH DAY God ended his WORK which he had made; and HE RESTED on the SEVENTH DAY from all his WORK which he had made” [Genesis 2:2] ....
If God RESTED on the SEVENTH DAY, what was the WORK for which Jesus answered? “… My FATHER WORKETH hitherto, and I WORK” [John 5:17]
1. This is a peculiar generation, a dying world is wired as a global village to fulfil prophecy, “And this GOSPEL of the kingdom shall be PREACHED IN ALL THE WORLD for a WITNESS unto all nations; and THEN SHALL THE END COME” [Matthew 24:14] The GOSPEL is preached in all nations; it’s there on your phone, cable TV, tracts, books, internet and all, as WITNESS of imminent END. Let no man deceive you the END of time is creeping on us like a SNARE, “… TAKE HEED to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with SURFEITING, and DRUNKENNESS, and CARES OF THIS LIFE, and so that DAY COME UPON YOU UNAWARES. For as a SNARE SHALL IT COME ON ALL them that dwell on the face of the whole earth” Luke 21:34-35] Now, more than ever is time to PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER and escape eternal damnation “For we know that if our EARTHLY HOUSE of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an HOUSE NOT MADE WITH HANDS, ETERNAL in the heavens” [2 Corinthians 5:1] PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER; when this earthly vessel is dissolved, you will be clothed with everlasting glory.
2. Jesus Christ is the HOUSE spoken in John 14:1-3, “… Christ as a SON OVER HIS OWN HOUSE; WHOSE HOUSE ARE WE, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the HOPE FIRM UNTO THE END” [Hebrews 3:6] In Jesus Christ we have TITLE DEEDS to our HOUSE and terms of POSSESSION are clearly stated in the Parable He told in Luke 6:46-49, “Whosoever COMETH to me, and HEARETH my sayings, and DOETH them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an HOUSE, and DIGGED DEEP, and laid the FOUNDATION on a ROCK: … “ [Luke 6:47-48] POSSESSION is the choice we make to COME, HEAR and DO the WILL of the ONE TRUE GOD, the ALMIGHTY. There may be other gods, a WISE MAN will do due diligence to ensure he has TITLE DEEDS signed by the ALMIGHTY, “Therefore whosoever HEARETH these sayings of mine, and DOETH them, I will liken him unto a WISE MAN, which built his HOUSE UPON A ROCK” [Matthew 7:24] Be a WISE MAN, DIG DEEP; cut through man-made doctrines and cultural debris to get to the true IDENTITY of Jesus Christ. He is the ROCK of which our heavenly HOUSE was hewn and “CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN”, “And no man hath ASCENDED up to heaven, but he that CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, even the SON OF MAN WHICH IS IN HEAVEN” [John3:13] Do you BELIEVE God was manifest in Jesus Christ and ASCENDED to heaven? He is the ROCK, be a WISE MAN, build your HOUSE on Him.
3. Here is a MYSTERY, we have the HOUSE and must yet lay the FOUNDATION on the ROCK, “And are built upon the FOUNDATION of the APOSTLES and PROPHETS, Jesus Christ himself being the chief CORNER STONE; … “ [Ephesians 2:20-21] Be not confused; as with all things pertaining to God, BELIEVE and you will HAVE your heavenly HOUSE established on “FOUNDATION of APOSTLES and PROPHETS. FOUNDATIONS by nature describe the pattern of the HOUSE and are made of incorruptible materials, to withstand the worst STORMS. “If the FOUNDATIONS be destroyed, WHAT CAN THE RIGHTEOUS DO?” [Psalms 11:3] Our eternal HOUSE is from heaven, so is the FOUNDATION; it is made of building blocks of TRUTH, “… FOUNDATION of REPENTANCE from dead works, and of FAITH toward God, Of the doctrine of BAPTISMS, and of LAYING on of HANDS, and of RESURRECTION of the dead, and of eternal JUDGMENT” [Hebrews 6:1-2] The FOUNDATION of our everlasting HOUSE are the true DOCTRINES of Jesus Christ, SEVEN in all, BAPTISMS being two; WATER BAPTISM and HOLY GHOST BAPTISM. The first is REPENTANCE without which FAITH is HYPOCRISY. BAPTISMS certify NEWNESS OF LIFE, a prerequisite for ORDINATION by LAYING OF HANDS. RESURRECTION is the end of HOPE and JUDGMENT for those who have not the FOUNDATION of TRUTH in Christ, “For OTHER FOUNDATION CAN NO MAN LAY than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ” [1 Corinthians 3:11]
4. As nations stagger from instability to confusion, we LOOK UP earnestly to be clothed with our eternal HOUSE, “For in this we GROAN, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with OUR HOUSE WHICH IS FROM HEAVEN” [2 Corinthians 5:2] Everything going on around us; pandemic, climate change social disorder and more, describe the STORM in our Parable, “And the RAIN descended, and the FLOODS came, and the WINDS blew, and BEAT UPON THAT HOUSE; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a ROCK” [Matthew 7:25] Listen carefully, things are not going to get better but worse and now more than ever is time to DIG DEEP and ascertain the ROCK from which your HOUSE was hewn. Do not rest your eternal relevance on any man or denominational creed, “PROVE ALL THINGS; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil” [1 Thessalonians 5:21-22] Examine your FOUNDATION and be not distracted by some who handle the word of God deceitfully, “… men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, SUPPOSING THAT GAIN IS GODLINESS: from such withdraw thyself” [1Timothy 6:5] I encourage you to FORGIVE those who offend you and set your affections on heavenly things; WATCHINH and PRAYING in readiness for the appearance of the Lord “Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for WE ARE NOT IGNORANT OF HIS DEVICES” [2 Corinthians 2:11]
5. There is no time table for death; do you have an eternal HOUSE waiting when this earthly BODY is dissolved? Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and receive TITLE DEEDS to your everlasting HOME, amen
WISDOM is a gift from God, UNDERSTANDING is earned, therefore, GET UNDERSTANDING; daily searching the Scriptures with prayers to know the TIMES of fulfilment and what to DO, not wrestling with sure PROPHECY as some do, “Having the UNDERSTANDING DARKENED, being alienated from the LIFE OF GOD through the ignorance that is in them, because of the BLINDNESS OF THEIR HEART” [Ephesians 4:18] ...
1. The WORD is the reality of God’s Excellency and Kingdom made known to us by divine revelation, “In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD” [John 1:1] It is a MYSTERY to our natural senses, far greater than what you think or imagine, for “… The KINGDOM OF GOD COMETH NOT WITH OBSERVATION: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU” [Luke 17:20-21] The Kingdom of God is revealed WITHIN YOU by the HEARING of the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, the WORD made FLESH, that He might establish in you His Dominion, “And without controversy great is the MYSTERY of godliness: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH,…”[1 Timothy 3:16] Friend, the Kingdom of God is real but you cannot SEE it until you are BORN AGAIN “… Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be BORN AGAIN, he CANNOT SEE the kingdom of God” [John 3:3] Our EYES are opened by HEARING of the WORD of God, alas, not all who SEE inherit the Kingdom of God.
2.The WISDOM of God to make us JOINT-HEIRS of His INHERITANCE is the MYSTERY of the Kingdom, “Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the LORD OF GLORY” [2 Corinthians 2:8] Jesus Christ is the LORD OF GLORY, by whose death on the Cross the WAY was opened for us to be CONFORMED to the IMAGE of the SON of God, “For whom he did FOREKNOW, he also did PREDESTINATE to be CONFORMED to the IMAGE OF THE SON, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren” [Romans 8:29] The SOWER, in Matthew 13:3-23, is Jesus Christ; the SEED is the WORD and the SOIL is your SOUL; the Parable is the MIRROR to examine our CONFORMITY with Christ. The STANDARD is not years spent in Church or titles, but FRUITS. Listen carefully, the same WORD fell on the WAYSIDE, STONEY GROUND, AMONG THORNS and GOOD SOIL but only the GOOD SOIL brought forth FRUITS, “Wherefore BY THEIR FRUITS ye shall know them” [Matthew 7:20] The WORD is the SEED sown in your HEART, and as with all seed must die to bring forth NEW LIFE, “… Except a corn of wheat FALL INTO THE GROUND and DIE, it abideth alone: but if it die, it BRINGETH FORTH MUCH FRUIT” [John 12:24] A man may HEAR and not RECEIVE the WORD, another may RECEIVE but fail to bring forth FRUIT, “For unto us was the GOSPEL preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, NOT BEING MIXED with FAITH in them that HEARD it” [Hebrews 4:2]
3. The WAYSIDE is the picture of a man whose HEART is a busy intersection of TRAFFIC, HEARING but incapable of UNDERSTANDING, “In whom the god of this world hath BLINDED THE MINDS of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them” [2 Corinthians 4:4] Like a busy PATHWAY, the HEART is hardened by a babel of VOICES from hell, in so much there is no loose SOIL to RECEIVE the SEED, “… then cometh the DEVIL, and TAKETH AWAY THE WORD out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved” [Luke 8:12] The STONEY GROUND has TOP SOIL, just enough to RECEIVE the WORD, and “… immediately RECEIVE IT with gladness; And have NO ROOT IN THEMSELVES, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when AFFLICTION or PERSECUTION ariseth for the WORD’S SAKE, immediately they are OFFENDED”[Mark 4:16-17] Having no ROOT means there was no DEPTH of conviction to GERMINATE the WORD into NEW LIFE. These are they who BELIEVE, for a while join a local assembly and possibly make some positive changes. As the days go by, doubts set in; they COMPARE and MEASURE themselves with those outside the Kingdom. When AFFLICTIONS arise, they forsake wisdom and relapse into error, but we dare not “… compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and COMPARING THEMSELVES AMONG THEMSELVES, ARE NOT WISE” [2 Corinthians 10:12]
4. The SEED among THORNS is the tragic experience of some who HEARD, grew the SEED, but did not bring forth FRUIT. Listen closely, the SEED germinated and for a while there was NEW LIFE, which ended up “… choked with CARES and RICHES and PLEASURES OF THIS LIFE, and BRING NO FRUIT TO PERFECTION” [Luke 8:14] I am talking of some who for a while experienced NEW LIFE, but surrounded and CHOKED themselves with FRIENDS, FAMILY and INFLUENCES contrary to Christ. Such folks having tasted of the Kingdom have no chance of repentance, “If they shall FALL AWAY, to RENEW THEM AGAIN UNTO REPENTANCE; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame” [Hebrews 6:6] Brethren, we are the GOOD GROUND for whom God has prepared an INHERITANCE fit for kings and “… Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which GOD HATH PREPARED FOR THEM THAT LOVE HIM” [1 Corinthians 2:9] Having HEARD the WORD, KEEP it with all diligence, it is the TREASURE of ENDLESS LIFE, as it is written: “But that on the GOOD GROUND are they, which in an honest and GOOD HEART, having HEARD the word, KEEP it, and BRING FORTH FRUITt with PATIENCE” [Luke 8:15] It is your duty to KEEP the WORD in an HONEST HEART, devoid of hypocrisy and with godly PATIENCE, give right of way to the HOLY SPIRIT to bring forth FRUIT in you; He alone does that, for we “… have this TREASURE in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the POWER BE OF GOD, and not of us” [2Corinthians 4:7]
1. COVETOUSNESS is the graveyard of those who choose to eat their cake and have it,: “He that FINDETH HIS LIFE SHALL LOSE IT: and he that LOSETH HIS LIFE for my sake SHALL FIND IT” [Matthew 10:39] When we came to God through Jesus Christ, we gave up our “OLD LIFE”, that we should no longer live according to the passion of the FLESH, “That ye PUT OFF concerning the former conversation the OLD MAN, WHICH IS CORRUPT according to the DECEITFUL LUSTS” Ephesians 4:22] PUTTING OFF the OLD MAN is a life-long experience of growing the NEW MAN in the likeness of Jesus Christ, diligently removing every thought that glorifies SELF, “CASTING DOWN IMAGINATIONS, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and BRINGING into CAPTIVITY EVERY THOUGHT to the OBDEDIENCE of CHRIST” [2Corinthians 10:5] To successfully CAST DOWN all IMAGINATIONS contrary to God and bring every THOUGHT in CAPTIVITY to Christ, BEWARE OF COVETOUSNESS, “… Take heed, and BEWARE OF COVETOUSNESS: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth” [Luke 12:15]
2. Over the years, God blessed the RICH MAN in Luke 12:15-21 but he THOUGHT otherwise, “… My power and the MIGHT OF MINE HAND hath gotten me this WEALTH. But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for IT IS HE THAT GIVETH THEE POWER TO GET WEALTH, …“ [Deuteronomy 8:17-18] HARD WORK is commendable, perhaps he worked harder than his peers, but he surely had no control over nature; God gave the INCREASE, “For who maketh thee to differ from another? and WHAT HAST THOU THAT THOU DIDST NOT RECEIVE? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?” [1 Corinthians 4:7] With every harvest, he became increasingly convinced his competence was the reason for his wealth, but God was not done with him until He gave him a LAST CHANCE; a barn-bursting harvest, way beyond his calculation, “And he THOUGHT WITHIN HIMSELF, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?“ [Luke 12:17] This was his LAST CHANCE and he goofed, taking THOUGHT with HIMSELF to administer the GOODNESS of God. We are all God’s husbandry, He owns us; to SPEND and be SPENT according to His PURPOSE. Every time we manage His BLESSINGS outside His COUNSEL; we are guilty of COVETOUSNESS, inextricably entangled in slavery to death, “For he that SOWETH TO HIS FLESH shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that SOWETH TO THE SPIRIT shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting” [Galatians 6:8]
3. God has no issues with RICHES but your SOUL, “For what is a man profited, if he shall GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, and LOSE HIS SOUL? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” [Matthew 16:26] Your SOUL is the preferred habitation of God, the RICH MAN would not, but reasoned thus; “And I will say to my soul, SOUL THOU HAST MUCH GOODS laid up for many years; take thine ease, EAT, DRINK, and be MERRY” [Luke 12:19] If you are BORN AGAIN, you willingly gave your SOUL to the Lord, if not He owns it anyway; It is not yours to suffocate with sensory pleasures, “Know ye not that ye are the TEMPLE of God, and that the SPIRIT OF GOD DWELLETH IN YOU?” [1 Corinthians 3:16] I warn you, therefore, to BEWARE of some who peddle COVETOUSNESS as GAIN for serving God. This they do, twisting Scriptures to entice you with “Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, SUPPOSING THAT GAIN IS GODLINESS: from such withdraw thyself” [1 Timothy 6:5] Listen carefully, Jesus did not make a millionaire out of His twelve Apostles, He did not die to make any man a millionaire and His PROMISES are not measurable in dollars. Those who teach you to COVET material GAIN as proof of GODLINESS also extort money from you with promises of “BLESSING”. WHY, they are COVETOUS; And through COVETOUSNESS shall they with feigned words MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not” [2 Peter 2:3]
4. COVETOUSNESS is the pastime of fools, a rat race to acquire more and more of this world, without a THOUGHT of the hereafter, “Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth” [Isaiah 5:8] The RICH MAN was busy making plans for bigger storehouses, “But God said unto him, THOU FOOL, this night THY SOUL SHALL BE REQUIRED of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?“ [Luke 12:20] If he knew his SOUL would be retrieved that night, he may have amended His ways. What about you? There is no official timetable for death; do not allow your SOUL to be overwhelmed with worries of what to EAT, DRINK or WEAR “… for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” [Matthew 6:32-33] If you haven’t, accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour today; WORK HARD and HONESTLY too, be content with what you HAVE or HAVE NOT and allow no man to trouble your SOUL with PROSPERITY OF FOOLS, “For WE BROUGHT NOTHING INTO THIS WORLD, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having FOOD and RAIMENT LET US BE THEREWITH CONTENT” [1 Timothy 6:7-8] WATCH and PRAY, to escape the noxious fumes of COVETOUSNESS, for no “… COVETOUS MAN, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God” [Ephesians 5:5]